Commerce & Industry Newsletter, October 2014
Welcome to the October Commerce & Industry newsletter from Green Park Interim Management & Executive Search, which you can sign up to by clicking the following link:
We’re delighted that our main article is an expert interview with Susan Edwards, Director of UK HR at Abellio Group.
We’d also like to draw your attention to our Leadership 10,000 report, featured on BBC news and in all major broadsheets. Highlights include:
- Amongst 289 key executives in the FTSE 100 who occupy the posts of Chairman, CEO and CFO, just a dozen are women
- The fifteen industrial sectors of the FTSE 100 show very different levels of diversity; strikingly, those which typically show a smaller gender deficit, such as utilities, tend to show a much larger ethno-cultural deficit; and vice versa, as, for example, in the case of natural resources
- Women are most likely to be found in Top 100 positions in consumer-focused businesses, such as media, technology and consumer goods; and that the largest gender deficits occur where the customers are other businesses, such as in the engineering and construction sectors.
The full list of this month’s articles are as follows:
1. Expert Interview
Susan Edwards, Director of UK HR at Abellio Group
Our headline-making review of diversity amongst the UK’s most influential business leaders
3. Candidate Spotlight
Tim Harris, Interim Marketing & Communications Director
4. James Hunt
Previous sector experience; how much of a hindrance is it to you?
5. Green Park in the News: The Independent
At least some gender battles are won. Race is the elephant in the boardroom.
6. Green Park in the News: The Guardian
Vince Cable to review number of ethnic minority board members
7. Interim Management Association (IMA)
Q2 Ipsos MORI data released
8. Latest Mandates
The most recent Commerce & Industry roles undertaken by Green Park
9. Latest role
Interim Rail Franchise Mobilisation Consultant
10. Telegraph Business Club
Green Park’s co-founders Raj Tulsiani and Steve Baggi tell the Telegraph Business Club how their fresh approach to diversity and executive resourcing has made the business a success.
As always, please email email@example.com if you have content, feedback or suggestions for how our newsletter can be improved – or if you’d like to be featured in a future month’s main interview or can recommend a suitable person from your professional network.
If there’s anything you’d like to speak about - such as recruitment advice perhaps – please call James Hunt on 020 7399 4300. To see the newsletter in full email format please click the following link: www.green-park.co.uk/commerce-industry/newsletter-october-2014