Board & Leadership
Your next phase of growth depends on your next sucessful CEO – allow us to introduce you.
The team at Green Park has a proven track record delivering the most business critical roles, working with a large number of mid-cap private and public sector organisations to identify and attract new talent to their top teams. We’ve built our reputation on watertight, robust processes, attention to detail, and an innovative and entrepreneurial approach with the flexibility to adapt to changing business priorities. Above all, we pride ourselves on our confidentiality, sensitivity and respect for senior stakeholders within such important recruitment processes.
At the top level of organisations, successful recruitment can quite literally be the difference between success and failure. Allow is to assist you with your CEO requirement and you’ll gain the expertise and understanding of a team who realise this crucial importance. You can trust our strategic focus, attention to detail and commitment to building a deep understanding of your business challenges before we undertake your resourcing initiative.
Elsewhere, our Chair, NED and Diverse Leaders network are our starting point for initiatives at this level, reaching beyond “the usual suspects”, being comprised of a broad group of senior pluralists from a range of backgrounds. This powerful network has been built up through recommendation, referral, and pro-active headhunting over the course of our years in the resourcing industry. Green Park primarily focuses on clients facing a challenging period where the leadership team require input from trusted advisors.
We also provide Non-executives to publically or privately owned organisations that wish to increase professionalism and accountability in their growing businesses through an action oriented non-executive. Although Green Park expects all our experienced candidates to have a working knowledge of the ‘combined code,’ the roles Green Park takes on are as much about helping organisations embed business change as they are about governance.
Board & Leadership roles which we are regularly undertaken to deliver include both interim and permanent placings of the following:
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Managing Director
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Non Executive Director (NED)
- Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
- Chief Risk Officer (CRO)
- Chief Operating Officer (COO)
- Chief People Officer (CPO)
- Chief Information Officer (CIO)
- General Manager
- Managing Partner
- Senior Partner
Nacro is looking for an experienced Chair of Trustees to lead its Council and its senior team.
Nacro’s vision is a society in which communities are crime free, where people feel safe and are supported to reach their aspirations. Its mission is to change lives, strengthen communities, enhance social inclusion, reduce crime, and prevent offending behaviour, working across justice, health, education and housing, and through influencing policy. Nacro’s work is more vital now that it’s ever been.
The Chair will be an energetic and enthusiastic individual who empathises with Nacro’s mission and ethos, who will continue with the excellent work undertaken so far and will work in conjunction with Jacob Tas the Chief Executive to lead Nacro to further future success and bring a fresh perspective to its work.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience of chairing a complex (ideally) national organisation, substantial commercial and financial experience, and the ability to lead, inspire and motivate others.
Knowledge and understanding of at least one of Nacro’s major subject areas - justice, health, education and/or the housing sector - would be highly advantageous.
This is a voluntary role, and involves four to six meetings a year, plus regular contact with the Chief Executive.
More can be found at: http://green-park-jobs.co.uk/nacro/index.php or for a conversation please call Joanna Moriarty on 020 3145 3433.
We are currently working with Borough Market to help them appoint several trustees. Borough Market is much more than just a place to buy or sell food. It is a charitable trust, steeped in history, a place for people to connect, a vibrant commercial network, and a community hub. The Trust is particularly keen to find skilled senior professionals to play a strategic governance role in its future. The following backgrounds are of most interest:
· Food handling/processes/policy
· Business owner/entrepreneur
· Legal background
· HR background
· Place maker/regeneration/stakeholder experience
More can be found at: www.green-park-jobs.co.uk/borough-market or for a conversation please call Kai Adams or Jaimi Keemer on 020 7399 3993
Scope is a charity that exists to make this country a place where disabled people have the same opportunities as everyone else. Until then, they will be here. We are supporting Scope in the recruitment of a Trustee to join the dynamic Board and help drive forward its ambitious strategic plan “Changing Society”.
Over the last couple of years Scope has implemented a substantial programme of service transformation, raised its profile, built an inspiring new brand and earned a reputation for innovation. Consequently, the Board is seeking specifically to expand its expertise in service delivery and business transformation during this period of change.
Candidates will be expected to have demonstrable evidence of achievement in the areas set out below:
- Service delivery and business transformation in large, complex organisations. Candidates will be expected to have operated at a senior level in innovative ways to design and / or deliver complex change programmes.
- A passion to change society;
- An understanding of, and empathy for, the issues facing disabled people in society today, or an ability to acquire this knowledge;
- An understanding of the importance of designing and delivering services in partnership with the service user (also known as “co-production”); and
- A commitment to collegiate working
Further details are available on our microsite www.green-park-jobs.co.uk/scope If you want to know more about the role or selection process, please contact Kai Adams or Jaimi Keemer on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 7399 3995 or 020 7399 3993. Please do call Kai or Jaimi on the numbers above if you want to discuss any accessibility needs / adjustments you may require. Closing date: Monday, 29 June 2015.
The successful candidate for this post will join the Guy’s and St Thomas’ (GSTT) NHS Foundation Trust Board. To qualify as a public member you must be resident in one of the London Boroughs of Lambeth, Southwark, Lewisham, Wandsworth or Westminster.
Non-Executive Directors make an important contribution to the effective running of GSTT. Their role is to help develop strategy and hold the Trust to account, scrutinising performance and the integrity of clinical, financial and other information presented to them. They offer challenge and support, and strengthen engagement with the local community, patients and stakeholders.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate achievement at senior level in a large and complex organisation, with a strong understanding of audit, risk management, finance and budget control. Evidence of showing leadership and inspiration, resilience in the face of challenge and the ability to inspire confidence and enthusiasm are also essential.
GSTT places considerable emphasis on diversity at Board level, and particularly encourages applications from appropriately qualified candidates from all sections of the community, and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
The candidate will be expected to devote up to 2-3 days per month plus some discretionary time for preparation and reading to the role. Remuneration is currently £17,000 per year plus travel and subsistence expenses.
We recommend sending across a CV and cover note
If you want to know more about the roles or selection process, please contact our employment agency advisers Green Park via Raj Tulsiani or Joanna Moriarty on GSTT@green-park.co.uk or 0207 3145 3433.
The successful candidate for this post will join the Guys and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust (GSTT) Board of Directors. A full person and role description is available by clicking here.
Duration and Time Commitment
The position will be for an initial period of four years and may be renewable for a second term subject to continuing satisfactory performance and the needs of GSTT.
The candidate will be expected to devote up to 2-3 days per month plus some discretionary time for preparation and reading to the role.
Remuneration is determined by the Nominations Committee and is currently £17,000 a year. In addition travel and subsistence expenses will be reimbursed.
Your application and CV will be reviewed by the Nominations Committee who will invite you to interview to discuss your experience and expertise.
If you would like to apply for the role please contact email@example.com
National Childbirth Trust (NCT) is the UK’s largest charity for parents and since 1956 it has been a trusted voice and provided essential support for millions of parents. NCT values and supports all parents during their First 1,000 Days. There is overwhelming evidence of the importance of these early days in children’s emotional and social development and whether they grow up happy and healthy and achieve throughout their lives. NCT has recently appointed a new Chief Executive and is changing its governance structures. It is now making two key trustee appointments, to add to the existing strength of the Board. The Chair is responsible for providing leadership and direction to the Charity’s Board, guiding and supporting Trustees in fulfilling their responsibilities for the overall governance and strategic direction of the organisation. The successful candidate will have experience as a Chair of a Trustee Board, and will identify strongly with NCT’s values. The Chair will have expertise in integrating and mentoring the Board and a track record in change management and in creating a cohesive environment within the Board and the wider organisation. Experience within a large and complex organisation is important, as is the ability to influence a diverse group of stakeholders. If you want to know more about the role or selection process, please visit our microsite www.green-park-jobs.co.uk/nct or contact Kai Adams or Joanna Moriarty on NCT@green-park.co.uk or 020 3145 3433. The closing date for applications is 16th June 2015.
Our client, Wesleyan, requires an experienced Non-Executive Director to join their board.
The Role & Job Purpose
- To help shape, challenge and support the sound development and delivery of the organisation’s strategic plans, particularly using general commercial and financial areas of expertise and ensure that proper risk assessment, corporate governance and controls are applied.
- To provide support and constructive challenge to the Executive Board, to ensure accurate, timely and relevant information is developed and provided to meet the needs of the business.
- To ensure the management team meets its key performance targets, and holds it to account.
Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Possesses senior executive level experience of the financial services industry, with Insurance and/or Banking experience.
- Upholds the highest standards of integrity and probity, demonstrates outstanding judgement.
- Is a key participant in reviewing and developing the Vision, Mission and Strategy of the Society
- Exhibits independence of thought, courage and integrity, so that the right thing gets done.
- Is an advocate for the customer and member
- Is well versed in identifying, managing and mitigating risk in the context of our regulatory environment, including ‘thinking the unthinkable’
- Has the gravitas and ability to build strong relationships with external stakeholders, in particular our policyholders, regulators, government and the media.
- Displays excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to persuade and effectively influence
- Promotes the highest standards of corporate governance and seeks compliance with the provisions of the Code wherever possible
- Uses breadth of experience to give advice
- Effectively challenges while being supportive
- Is open-minded
- Has a constructive and diplomatic communication style which influences and transfers knowledge
- Understands capital matters and other financial issues to the benefit of the Society
- Is able to demonstrate a clear understanding of and commitment to mutuality, together with a detailed understanding of the benefits to members of a mutual company.
- Is quality, profit and margin improvement oriented, rather than growth for growth’s sake, and able to react appropriately in a downturn
- Understands the technical, legal and commercial aspects associated with a strongly regulated business sector
- Has an understanding of the Society, its management team, culture, products and policyholders
- Is able to coach, mentor and develop the Executive Directors
- Is able to influence and see that the Executives, through the CEO, drive through key commercial decisions on product range, pricing strategy, sales and marketing branding and partnership activity
- Has the ability to make commercial assessments on potential acquisitions
- Has held an Executive position either at a Group or Local (UK) Board or Committee of Management level, as well as previous experience in a NED position.
We want to make this process as straightforward as possible. To this end, we ask that you provide the following documents:
- A covering letter of no more than two pages that addresses and provides evidence against the essential criteria set out in the Person specification. The covering letter provides you with the opportunity to explain your motivation, as well as highlighting how your experience and achievements fit with the requirements of the role.
- An up to date CV, that brings out the relevance of your experience
- Please supply details of two referees, one of which should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to contact referees, please specify this.
- Finally, please include work, mobile and home telephone contact numbers and email address
For more information please go to the microsite www.green-park-jobs.co.uk/wesleyan or contact Roger Russell or Peter Cabrera on 0207 399 4304 or 0207 399 4303.
Client: Mind Role: Director, Mind Cymru Location: To work between Mind’s Cardiff and London Centres (3 days Cardiff, 1 day in Wales Network, 1 day Stratford) Salary: £63,000 Mind’s vision is to ensure everyone experiencing a mental health problem gets both support and respect. The charity campaigns to improve services, raise awareness, promote understanding and provides advice and support on the phone, digitally and locally. Leadership and engagement of people with mental health problems is at the heart of its activities - many of Mind’s staff and two thirds of its Trustees have personal experience of a mental health problems. Mind Cymru leads Mind’s national work in Wales, and works closely with the 20 local Minds in Wales to provide an effective national and local mental health response. The Director of Mind Cymru is a member of the Mind Executive Team and shares responsibility for the corporate leadership, delivery and development of the charity. The post is responsible for the development and delivery of Mind’s work in Wales, and leads work with external stakeholders in Wales. They will manage relationships with Directors and Heads elsewhere in Mind to ensure the delivery of the agreed service from other Mind departments, and to ensure a strong Wales contribution to the work of those departments. They will be responsible for ensuring a close and supportive working relationship with local Minds in Wales as well as with the Chair of the One Mind in Wales network and Chair of Pwyllgor Cymru. Essential criteria Experience *Senior managerial or Executive level experience gained in either the voluntary, public, private or voluntary sector in Wales *Demonstrable experience of Strategy development, business planning, and delivery *Demonstrable influencing and negotiating skills and political judgement with proven success in building productive professional relationships and partnerships *Demonstrable experience of leading change and transformation with demonstrable qualities as a lead change agent *Demonstrable executive level experience in programme and project management *Demonstrable executive level experience of financial planning and budget management *Demonstrable commitment to your own continuing professional and personal development *Qualified to degree level education and/or professional qualification (or equivalent) *Demonstrable experience, knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation and national policy, service delivery frameworks in mental health or related health, social care and disability fields *Demonstrable knowledge of Welsh Government policy and legislative procedures and the relationship to UK legislative and parliamentary procedures For further details, including how to apply, please visit our microsite www.green-park-jobs.co.uk/mind Closing date: Friday, 29th May 2015.
Barnsley College prides itself on providing, inspiring and life changing education within a vibrant, multicultural learning environment. One of the UK’s highest performing colleges with over 800 staff and 9,500 learners, we are renowned for the breadth and quality of our curriculum. In everything we do, we seek to be an exceptional and responsive college, working closely with individuals, businesses and communities.
We are now seeking an exceptional leader with the ability to build on our current success and help deliver our vision to become a truly world class, diverse vocational education organisation.
Reporting to our Board of Governors, this position is pivotal to the success of the College and will require Board level experience. You must be able to demonstrate a proven, successful track record of leadership in a customer-focused organisation, possessed of the ability to inspire your team and influence a wide range of inter-related, interdependent stakeholders. You will also have experience of running a P&L, with a track record of identifying and prioritising sustainable growth opportunities, and bring a genuine experience in leading and developing a large scale complex organisation.
An inspirational leader, you will have a reputation for leading and embedding organisational structural and cultural change and controlling sizeable resources in ways which deliver maximum impact and value for money. Whilst prior experience of Further Education and skills policy is not essential, you will need to be able to show evidence of quickly grasping the issues and challenges facing the sector.
For more information about the role or selection process, please visit our microsite www.green-park-jobs.co.uk/barnsley
For a confidential discussion please contact our advisor Roger Russell at Green Park on firstname.lastname@example.org , or on 0207 399 4304. The closing date for applications is noon on 25th May 2015.
Can you help us change attitudes?
At Mencap, we are committed to transforming public attitudes towards people with a learning disability in a generation. Now we need an
outstanding person to lead that change as our new Director of marketing and engagement.
We need someone with the vision, skills and drive to transform our communications, campaigning and fundraising work - driving change internally and revolutionising the way we communicate across audiences. It’s a bold ask, and it needs someone with determination, grit and (vitally) humour in good supply to make it work. Interested? Then we want to hear from you.
If you want to know more about the role or selection process, please visit our microsite www.green-park-jobs.co.uk/mencap or contact our employment agency advisers Green Park via Kai Adams or Jaimi Keemer on email@example.com or 0207 399 3993.