While Technology has traditionally been viewed as a technical entity, that perception is changing as companies recognise the opportunity to build competitive advantage through best in class functions.
Rapidly advancing technology offers the chance to streamline and improve processes, operations and communications, yet it’s ultimately people who deliver the vision, create the strategy, and provide energy and impetus needed to create and embed change.
Even for senior technology positions, we understand that technical competencies and experience must be matched with the stakeholder management skills and the right culture fit to succeed in your environment.
Green Park provides flexible, fast-moving executive search and interim management services, focusing on identifying and attracting executives who are fully assessed and pre-qualified applying our bespoke assessments, underpinned by our ISO 9001:2000 resourcing methodology.
Clients value our inside knowledge and deep understanding of the complexity and challenges of the dynamic Technology space, which helps us to swiftly and accurately identify and attract the individuals within our network who will deliver the most value in the shortest possible time.
When you work with Green Park, you’ll work with experienced senior consultants with a robust working knowledge and understanding of the technical elements of technology roles, balanced with a deep understanding of business challenges, strategies and opportunities.
Information technology roles which we are regularly undertaken to deliver include both interim and permanent placings of the following:
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- IT Director
- Head of IT
- IT Manager
- Head of Digital
- IT Programme Director
- Head of Technology
- IT Architect
Our client, a rapidly expanding integrated payment processing business, requires an interim Chief Technology Officer (“CTO”) to provide technology leadership and drive the development of new IT solutions within this increasingly on-line business.
The CTO will be integral to the strategic IT thinking within the company, designing creative solutions in response to new business ideas, whilst also challenging business thinking to ensure effective use of IT capability and resources. The CTO will be responsible for the execution of the IT Strategy & Delivery Plan through the leadership of the company’s product development, customer project, service delivery and infrastructure teams.
A key focus is the effective management of development capability to support both existing systems and applications as well as new projects and to develop and own the delivery of a technology strategy and plan to support.
The Company’s business objectives over the next 12 to 36 months;
- Provide leadership to the business on introducing new technology, designs and features
- Oversee the architecting, development and deployment of consumer facing web applications and back-end systems that are high volume, high availability, scalable and secure;
- Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organisational structure that supports the strategic needs of the business
- Provide the IT leadership and put in place the disciplines and motivations which will create a system development environment that is focussed on service and speed of delivery;
- Ensure that effective procedures for Information Security, PCI Compliance, Disaster Recovery (DR) and business continuity (BusCon) are in place;
- Maintain a high-level of awareness of technology innovation and best practice in consumer facing payment processing and campaign management applications
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong foundation in both technology and management skills, with an emphasis on technology leadership and experience within the on-line business sector:
- 10+ years of systems and software development experience and with at least 3 years in a senior technology executive role;
- Track record of designing and delivering IT strategy and software application systems for high-growth, consumer facing on-line businesses;
- Familiarity with agile software development methods and the experience to apply such methods effectively to meet customer solution delivery requirements at Valldata;
- Experience of managing both “legacy” and “new” system developments;
- Track record of implementing effective software lifecycle delivery processes with a strong focus on agile methods, speed of delivery and quality assurance.