Marketing & Communications
Communicating your message to market has never been more important, or more complex.
Which is why more organisations are joining the growing list who entrust Green Park with their business critical Executive Search and Interim Management marketing requirements - ensuring they choose the right channels to go to market with.
If your organisation requires a senior Marketing & Communications executive - on either an interim or permanent basis - please call Steve Baggi (search) or James Hunt (interim) on 020 7399 4300.
To see a selection of the previous high profile Marketing & Communications assignments we have been mandated to assist, please view the track record section at the bottom of this page.
As you will see, Marketing & Communications roles which we are regularly undertaken to deliver include both interim and permanent placings of the following:
- Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
- Marketing Director
- Head of Marketing
- Marketing Manager
- Communications Manager
- Head of Communications
- Director of Communications
Green Park is proud to have been retained by a household retailer to help grow, develop, and ultimately evolve their digital proposition.
As part of this exciting project we will require an Interim Digital Marketing Director to join the digital leadership team for a period of up to 12 months.
Due to continued success throughout the store portfolio, our client is now looking to turn their attention to Omnichannel retail. At present our clients have over 300 stores and a multi-billion P&L however, due to product specialisation, they have to date had limited investment within digital retailing. They wish to change this by developing a new digital proposition to compliment the current retail offering, ultimately being responsible for 20% of their turnover within 5 years.
The Interim Digital Marketing Director will be a key appointment within their leadership team. The role will encompasses establishing a digital marketing function covering all performance channels. At present marketing is run out of the core proposition however we will be looking to break this away in a new function.
You will need to be an established proven digital marketer with substantial performance marketing experience be considered for this opportunity, this experience will ideally be based around a number of retailer propositions, however we will consider wider digital marketplace.
For more information please contact James Nash
Our client, a Central Government body, is looking for an Interim Senior Healthcare Marketing Specialist to provide strategic marketing communications advice on how marketing can help them to increase the supply international clients, developing compelling sector marketing propositions and identifying how marketing communications can support their business objectives.
The ideal candidate with either come from the NHS or the Pharmaceutical industry and work 3-4 days per week.
- Taking responsibility for the client as the point-person for their relationship with the marketing communications directorate
- Providing clear, professional marketing communications advice to client sectors
- Developing tailored propositions and a healthcare-specific marketing and communications plan that supports sector-business planning and connects with market-led plans - ensuring direct support for High Value Campaigns that are at the core of the business
- Leading a virtual team across Marcomms to agree and deliver the Marcomms plan - including PR, digital, events, internal and external comms and the core campaigns function
- Leading the production of appropriate content, collateral and business development products for each step of the customer journey - ensuring the material is kept up to date and available globally
- Ensuring core script and message house is maintained and ready for deployment
- Ensure that the client's external communication channels are deployed effectively to communicate with stakeholders
A major infrastructure business needs an experienced Head of Media Relations, preferably someone with experience of dealing with Government departments and has had extensive experience of working in a press office. You will also have good media contacts.
Our client a leading business to business provider is looking to hire an Interim Digital Marketing Manager for a period of 9-12 months to cover a maternity leave.
The Interim Assignment
The role will act as the strategic lead for all digital communications, including overseeing a website migration and improvement of the organisations content and email marketing. The post holder will have responsibility for ensuring the quality and integrity of digital communications while they will also be responsible for keeping abreast of the latest digital trends and technologies. The position will also manage 2 specialists in content and website management.
The Interim Manager
Applicants will have demonstrable experience in a B2B environment, will have overseen the roll out of a new website, have substantial experience of managing and delivering large and complex online projects. Applicants will also have managed a team and have experience of maximising digital platforms to support brand awareness. This role will not require a technocrat but will require someone to programme manage a number of technical processes and so stakeholder management will be paramount to success in the role.
Mandatory requirment for applicants is that they must have a current SC Level Security Clearance
A management consultancy with a unique commercial model who are now looking to recruit an Internal Communications Manager to lead the internal client communications in a project team on a major client site.
The Interim Assignment
The purpose of the role is to lead communications deliverables for a client project as part of a broader operational consultancy team. Working with a private sector engineering and aerospace client in the UK to recognise the importance of effective internal communication and engagement leading to a successful project outcome.
Work as part of an operational consultancy team, taking the lead on the project communications strategy and deliverables and supporting the team in delivering the key messages, through coaching and mentoring where appropriate
Take full responsibility for sourcing, creating, and finalising all communications materials, including creating of intranet and newsletter articles and case studies, posters and other branded materials; as well as events management
Proactively leading the client engagement work where required, through kick-off events and workshops
Build an effective communications strategy based on the SWOT analysis, stakeholder analysis and existing channels/tools in the client organisation
Scope and draft communications materials tailored to different audiences and stages of the change programme (e.g. key messages, leader scripts, Q&As, slides, campaign posters, online content, etc.)
The Interim Manager
- Strong internal communications experience, especially change communications, ideally within a large public sector organisation, a commercial business or a large-scale consultancy. An understanding of marketing and design is desirable
- Proven track-record of developing change communications strategies, with methods to measure impact and effectiveness
- Ability to successfully engage with stakeholders, including in-house communications teams, to confirm who is accountable for deliverables
- Ideally will have worked in a large management consultancy
Commercial Marketing Director
Our client is a fashion retailer with a revenue exceeding £1bn.
The role is a Commercial Marketing Director, leading the marketing function within the UK & Ireland region and reporting into the Managing Director. The role is responsible for implementing the global brand framework, global consumer experience, consumer segmentation and integrated marketing communications across the region. It will do this in partnership with a group marketing function which operates in a matrix reporting structure.
The successful candidate will be a highly commercial Head of Marketing or Marketing Director who appreciates both scale and the complexities of operating in a matrix structure. The successful candidate requires extensive experience within the retail sector in addition to exposure within other sectors.
This Leading International fashion and lifestyle retailer has a new and exciting opportunity for an experienced Marketing Director. Reporting to the CCO you will responsible and accountable for the following
Role Summary and accountabilities
- Responsible for the brands distinctive marketing strategy, creative on and off line production PR, Events, Social engagement, Business and Promotional planning.
- Accountable for the brand strategy and proposition.
- Responsible for multi-channel creative, campaign & content production across all marketing disciplines.
- Responsible for an innovative & distinctive business/promotional plan that drives and delivers the key peak sales & profitability targets.
- Responsible for engagement within the PR, media, & social channels
- Leading and driving the team to deliver exceptional results
Experience and skills required
- Senior Multi Chanel and campaign experience
- Proven track record in implementing marketing and creative strategies
- Extensive media and creative industry knowledge and contacts
- Strong commercial awareness
- Proven track record in delivering profit
- String leadership and coaching skills
- International retail experience highly desirable
Our client, a leading health related charity are looking to hire an Interim Director of Communications for a period of 3 months
The interim will be tasked with
- leading on website redevelopment including overseeing the brand refresh
- management and coordination of the event calendar
- rolling out the coordinated communications around 5 major work programmes
- leading a team of 8 communications staff
- leading on the PR, Media and Public Affairs work of the organisation
Applicants will have demonstrable experience in the NHS/health arena with preference being given to those who worked in a policy organisation, royal college, trade body, think tanks or health related membership association. The successful applicant will be adept at focussing the organisations message, focussing the team and will have experience of working on and with a cross sector agenda. Applicants will also have experience of increasing sponsorship, managing the commercial partnerships and assessing the potential for a more corporate model.
Green Park is proud to be partnering a historic British retailer through a substantial business transformation agenda.
One channel of the transformation will require a new merchandising system to be implemented within an Oracle environment, with this in mind we will require an Interim Business Change and Communications Manager to incorporate change across the work streams, impacting people, process and technology.
The Interim Assignment
The appointed Business Change Manager will be accountable for all requirements of business change within work stream, working in line with the change and communications framework. This will cover strategy, development, cross stream stakeholder management and cradle to grave project planning. In addition to the project management (including Oracle Inception and CRP designs) you will be required to be active within discovery and implementation.
The Change Manager will be an ambassador for the change management within the work stream, they will be responsible for coaching project teams, ensuring change management is understood and why it is important and delivered in line with the overall work stream roadmap
The Interim Manager
We need an expert in delivering Business change and communications projects in a Highstreet retail environment, it is very important that you have significant training and change programme management experience with a market leading employer and can demonstrate hands on robust project management, project governance and process skills within similar environments.
In addition to being a proven change leader, we will also require an individual with superb management and interpersonal skills; you will be responsible for driving forward a newly established team as well as having exec board stakeholder engagement, therefore as much as managing down will be of great importance, we will also need to see proven experience of managing up.
Please contact James Nash for further information.
Our client is a premium fashion retailer, based in London. They have an annual revenue exceeding £100m and over 100 stores. They are poised for growth, having made a number of high-profile senior hires over the past year.
Our client is seeking a highly credible individual to lead the Ecommerce team. Reporting to the Trading Director/Chief Customer Officer, this role will have responsibility for the online trading, online marketing and web development teams. However, the candidate is expected to be personally strong at online trading.
As the leader of the online team, this role will have responsibility for budgets, cost control, investment in the online channel in addition to accountability for the sales and profits of the online channel.
We are searching for an individual who is experienced in online trading and has led growth of the online channel in a medium-sized or large retailer. Although fashion retail or luxury retail are seen as beneficiary, they are not necessary for this role. The successful candidate will be one who is capable of leading Ecommerce from a customer-led point of view.