Marketing & Communications
Communicating your message to market has never been more important, or more complex.
Which is why more organisations are joining the growing list who entrust Green Park with their business critical Executive Search and Interim Management marketing requirements - ensuring they choose the right channels to go to market with.
If your organisation requires a senior Marketing & Communications executive - on either an interim or permanent basis - please call Steve Baggi (search) or James Hunt (interim) on 020 7399 4300.
To see a selection of the previous high profile Marketing & Communications assignments we have been mandated to assist, please view the track record section at the bottom of this page.
As you will see, Marketing & Communications roles which we are regularly undertaken to deliver include both interim and permanent placings of the following:
- Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
- Marketing Director
- Head of Marketing
- Marketing Manager
- Communications Manager
- Head of Communications
- Director of Communications
Green Park is partnering an exciting SME apparel brand through their business expansion programme. With this in mind we are adding strength around their marketing function, specifically bringing focus to a newly created role surrounding their CRM and E-commerce proposition.
The Interim Assignment
Our client has ambitious growth plans for the future, with the aim of more than doubling the turnover in the next four years. The recruitment of the Interim Senior Retail Marketing CRM & E-commerce Manager will be pivotal to the successful delivery of this ambitious plan. The successful individual will take responsibility for a robust CRM led multi-channel marketing strategy that drives continued profitable growth and delivers the required ROI. This CRM / marketing strategy will deliver a results-focused cultural shift, synonymous with any expanding company. Whilst the business does not want to become overly-bureaucratic, there is recognition that a more disciplined and structured way of working is needed. The core culture, however, is and will remain collegiate, respectful and hard working.
The Interim Manager
The successful Interim Senior Retail Marketing CRM & E-commerce Manager will need to have a proven marketing background within a multi / omni-channel environment ideally within fashion / apparel.
Our client is a global professional services body with an ambitious growth strategy.
Our client is looking for a Director of Strategy & Brand to join the senior management team, responsible for providing strategic leadership and direction to the Strategy and Brand teams whose role it is to develop, deliver and monitor the strategic direction, voice and personality of the organisation. The post holder’s remit will include the following functions: strategy implementation, brand strategy and research, public relations, and publishing.
The Director of Strategy & Brand will possess the following essential experience: • educated to degree level or equivalent and holds a professional marketing qualification, MBA or equivalent • Substantial experience in roles which require a global organisation-wide, cross-functional strategic perspective on issues and challenges. • Passionate, creative, strategic individual who has extensive direct experience of managing, building and maintaining global brands. • significant experience of interacting with, influencing and working directly with executive boards or equivalent • significant experience working across all levels of a global enterprise, with demonstrated skill at building relationships • excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and external contacts and clients • a consultative approach to management with the ability to work in partnership with other teams and direct reports, but with the ability to lead change and introduce innovation • a highly-motivated, proactive and enthusiastic individual who is able to work with minimum supervision and with the ability to meet strict deadlines • excellent written and oral communication skills For further information or for an informal discussion please contact Jaimi Keemer on email@example.com or 020 7399 3993. The closing date for applications is: 28 March 2014.
Our client is a global professional services body with an ambitious growth strategy.
Our client is looking for a Director of Marketing & Acquisition to join the senior management team. The post holder will have responsibility for leading the corporate Marketing team and ensuring that ‘in-market’ marketing and acquisition/sales plans are developed and executed effectively and efficiently to accelerate growth. The area will bring together performance insights, with marketing and sales to achieve business targets. The Director will have responsibility for all corporate marketing, promoting research and insights policy work, managing the social media sites and marketing to members.
The Director of Marketing & Acquisition will possess the following essential experience: • Experience of operating at senior leadership level, and leading a significant Marketing function in a B2C and B2B environment within a multinational organisation. • Strong understanding of the overall digital marketing ecosystem, including channel specific best practice, technology and data solutions. • Expertise in direct response performance marketing, acquisition and optimisation techniques. • Current working knowledge of marketing campaign optimisation. • Working knowledge of major online analytics and testing platforms such as Google Analytics and Visual Web Optimiser or similar. • Highly analytical and data-driven mind. • The ability to be an effective communicator at all levels both internally and externally is essential as is a track record in building and developing trust and confidence across the organisation, through stakeholder engagement and influencing senior level management teams. • Educated to degree level with a professional qualification in marketing, MBA or equivalent. For further information or for an informal discussion please contact Jaimi Keemer on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 399 3993. The closing date for applications is 28th March 2014.
A Board level position for the UK division of Konica Minolta, a global, £4.5 billion turnover print management company.
The Director of Business Development & Marketing will be responsible for contributing to the UK proposition strategy and the creation of a new, broad, integrated solution offering through the development of a value proposition appropriate to each strategically key vertical market. The role will provide strategic management to the Consultancy Services and Marketing divisions and help develop new sales growth by fostering mutually beneficial partnerships with customers and strategic partners to consolidate Konica Minolta’s brand as a key player in the provision of managed print and document management solutions in the UK.
Our client a privately owned conglomerate require a MD for their internal marketing department which is run as a separate business.
You would be based in Africa for up to 6 months whilst they recruit the role permanently. African experience is a pre requisite as is working for an entrepreneurially led business. You will be involved with the management of the marketing team of eight. Managing the marketing plan and budget Providing hands on support to the marketing team Looking at ROI for the marketing spend Work with a new agency to develop the relationship and ensure they are aligned to the marketing needs of the business
They would like someone from an FMCG, ideally beverage background. You will have the following;
- FMCG / consumer experience
- Managed a marketing team in a hands on manner Ideally experience of working in Africa
- The ability to develop mew brands and products
- The ability to develop insight based, differentiated and segmented brand portfolios, propositions and strategies
This role will play a pivotal part in the delivery of the new National Tourism Strategy for Wales.
You will lead the marketing function across the Department supporting the development of “Brand Wales” as an attractive place to visit and do business. With a strong track record of leading and managing successful marketing campaigns you will also have a reputation for developing high performing teams with the ability to work with and through strategic partnerships. An excellent communicator you will possess the leadership capability and professional expertise that engenders confidence at every level.
If you would like an informal discussion about the role please contact Roger Russell on 0207 399 4304 or alternatively email a copy of your CV to email@example.com
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a large, high-street retailer as Director of Marketing.
This role will develop and implement the marketing strategy in line with their vision and essence, maintaining and further developing the brand strength and marketing position of this well-known British retailer. Key responsibilities include:
- Work with the Board to determine key positioning and focus for the Brand in terms of it’s marketing stance.
- Develop, implement and maintain the strategic marketing plan for the Brand, ensuring the key elements of the brand strategy are incorporated and integrated.
- Work in partnership with the Creative Director to ensure that brand integrity is maintained and built upon through the right collaborations and innovative projects.
- Work with Creative Director and visual team to develop creative visual communication, ideas and graphics to support the Brand strategy.
- Drives the development of PR, advertising, card marketing, consumer events and direct marketing activity to underpin the brand strategy and ensure it is consistent with other Brand marketing activity.
You will have an excellent understanding of marketing concepts and a proven track record in practical application. With a strong commercial understanding of fashion/home and retail culture, you will be able to build strong relationships, managing the balance between the creative and operational deliverables.
Our client, a public sector organisation requires an Interim Head of Marketing.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop objectives, strategies and propositions based upon comprehensive market analysis to enable the business to realise the market opportunities identified, securing buy-in as appropriate
- Develop and manage delivery of marketing plans which implement the agreed market strategies and propositions, including measuring performance against established KPIs
- Provide ongoing market intelligence (managed through the Market Analyst) to the business and identify and recommend business development opportunities for all business areas from existing and new markets, securing buy-in as appropriate
- Produce regular reports for the Marketing Director, Commercial Director, Board and other business stakeholders which present key market information and KPIs, as appropriate
- Lead and manage the Market Analyst to ensure the highest levels of performance, output and satisfaction
- Manage team within budget, ensuring all delivery meets the agreed timelines and standards, and ensuring that all activity can demonstrate a tangible contribution to business performance
- Perform as a key leader and role model within the Marketing team, the Commercial Team and the broader business, representing as required on internal and external initiatives
The candidate must have the following:
- Significant demonstrable experience of strategic marketing and planning
- Educated to at least degree level or equivalent, preferably in a strategic marketing or business related discipline, and with a professional marketing qualification
- Highly capable strategic thinker, able to specify and utilise information and data in multiple formats to aid opportunity identification and inform proposals and decision making
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to adapt to a wide range of audiences and communication channel
- Creative with the capability to develop and evolve key ideas and establish buy-in across all levels of seniority
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills that promote understanding, commitment and actions
- Experienced in measuring the success of marketing initiatives across a range of markets, customers and channels
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously, and consistently deliver to high standards within agreed service levels and budgets and as required, to short timescales
- Effective leader and manager of teams and individuals
- Strong ability to effectively manage and develop a range of stakeholder relationships
- Confident team player who can lead by example yet work independently when required
- Commercially astute with ability to quickly understand business requirements and translate them into actionable marketing proposals and activity
- High levels of computer literacy and experienced user of Microsoft Office software and/or similar applications
- Ability to travel throughout the UK
- You will have an extensive background in the private sector with more recent roles in the public sector