Sales & Business Development
In the face of the recession, Sales functions have been under increasing pressure to deliver results, at the same time as coping with diminished budgets and investment.
Green Park’s specialist Sales team draws on a wealth of experience working with leading organisations, working in collaborative strategic partnerships that focus on delivering results, ‘Right First Time.’
Our processes focus on the highest standards of due diligence, combined with the flexibility and innovation required to successfully deliver roles within Sales. We help our clients to identify and attract senior Sales professionals with the business critical skills sets to make a demonstrable difference, coupled with the culture fit and behavioural aspects that match the particular organisational environment.
The team at Green Park has a proven track record delivering sensitive and time pressured resourcing mandates at the most senior levels of Sales, working with businesses across a range of industries and geographies.
If your organisation requires a senior Sales executive - on either an interim or permanent basis - please call Steve Baggi (search) or James Hunt (interim) on 020 7399 4300.
To see a selection of the previous high profile Sales assignments we have been mandated to assist, please view the track record section at the bottom of this page.
As you will see, Sales roles which we are regularly undertaken to deliver include both interim and permanent placings of the following:
- Sales Director
- Commercial Director
- Business Development Director
- Director of Fundraising
- Head of Sales
- Chief Commercial Officer (CCO)
Our Client is in a strong phase of growth and due to the increased focus on identifying and securing new business in order to achieve aggressive sales targets.
Their ethos is to deliver a remarkable customer experience with innovative products and excellent customer service. This new role has been created for a bright and proactive individual to take on and develop the existing Customer facing teams to increase service delivery, drive orders and improve efficiencies.
You'll be part of the SMT and report directly to the CEO, you will work across many departments internally and manage numerous relationships externally, so the role requires an individual who is exceptionally organised with excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to operate effectively with all levels of seniority within a business. You'll work with the SMT and Heads of Department, to drive performance metrics and enhancements to improve operational performance and delivery of the customer experience.
- Identify and manage opportunities within mutual existing customer portfolios to increase renewal opportunities and customer retention.
- Appraise current and future challenges and develop and implement strategies to appropriately address these.
- Be the voice of brands customers at Board level.
- Ensure the customer experience is consistent across the Customer facing teams.
- Responsibility for the Customer Service, Contract Admin, Purchasing and Employee Engagement teams.
- Oversee the rollout and training on new product offerings and system enhancements.
- Provide reporting and tracking on agreed KPIs.
- Encourage and lead collaboration between stakeholders.
- Provide a strategic and practical resolutions to the customer's requirements and needs.
- Work closely with the Business Development, Account Development and Account Implementation teams to help obtain new business and ensure the smooth transition from prospect to customer.
- Working with all levels and areas of the business but predominately with the SMT.
- Experience of building a customer strategy, and embedding it within an organisation.
- Clear commercial awareness of the market leading "customer experience" organisations.
- Ability to present results and recommend enhancements at board level.
- Established stakeholder management and influencing skills at a strategic level.
- Creative passionate thinker with a proven track record of leadership and change management.
- Demonstrable commercial skills and grasp of broad operational issues.
- A high level of IT literacy; with a robust knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and online systems.
- Excellent communication skills; commercially and financially astute.
- Tenacity to see multiple tasks through to successful completion at any given time.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and demanding targets.
- Strong attention to detail with an excellent customer service ethos.
- Personal presence and credibility; demonstrating enthusiasm and self-motivation.
- Knowledge of the UK benefits industry.
- Knowledge of current UK Tax and NI rules and legislation.
- Full UK driving licence.
Working for a large Northern transport organisation you will have extensive experience within Customer Experience. You will probably have worked within travel, leisure or retail where looking at the demands of the customer and the whole customer journey are paramount. You will have been responsible for bringing in new, creative ideas and thinking of new ways to improve things.
We are supporting CIMA on the recruitment of a new Commercial Director. CIMA is the world's largest and leading international professional body of management accountants. The organisation has an extensive global reach with more than 227,000 members and students in 179 countries. CIMA members work at the heart of business in industry, commerce and not for profit organisations.
The Commercial Director is a newly created role to help shape the future of the organisation as a dynamic membership body. The Commercial Director will be responsible for leading and managing specific commercial relationships, global sales of non-core qualification products and services, key account management to deliver CIMA’s strategic objectives and grow commercial revenues. The new director will also be responsible for identifying opportunities for new products and services.
The Ideal Candidate
This needs a determined individual who can bring fresh insights and ideas to CIMA in order to deliver dramatic change. Energy and dynamism coupled with a clear customer focus are paramount. The onus is to shape the sales function and create a legacy of ongoing achievement. The ability to influence and engage internal and external stakeholders will be key to success. Tenacity and resilience are important skills to possess.
Key Skills and abilities:
- Customer orientated
- Consultative selling skills
- Strategic vision and planning capabilities
- People management and leadership
- Successful and proven commercial management skills
- Proven track record of success in selling intangible benefits to customers
- Contract development and management
For more information please go to our microsite www.green-park-jobs.co.uk/cima or contact Jaimi Keemer for a confidential discussion.
Our client specialises in the area of waste management solutions, particularly around the area of waste water treatment. They need an Interim Sales Director for the UK business. It will involve managing a small team of Sales managers, helping to define the sales strategy and also training and developing the team. You will have solid experience as a sales director, preferably selling into Utilities or manufacturing businesses.
Green Park are partnering with a leading Engineering brand who are looking to recruit an experienced Interim Recruitment Specialist for a period of up to six months.
The Interim Assignment
The Interim Recruitment Specialist will be required to provide end-to-end recruitment at a senior level, supporting heavy industry and infrastructure projects.
The Interim Manager
The successful Interim Recruitment Specialist must have a proven track record at supporting the executive team in a recruitment business partner role in a similar industry. You must be able to be flexible in terms of working processes and be able to support multiple locations across the country, so the ability to travel within the role is essential.
- Managing the Key Account planning process and co-ordinating the targeting of new prospect accounts
- Supporting the sales activity tracking process
- Leading the definition and implementation of a CRM system
- Supporting the construction and implementation of the Sales compensation framework
- Taking end-to-end responsibility for operational and strategic projects within the Sales function.
- Significant experience in a commercial and analytical environment with a demonstrable and logical approach to account planning, targeting, pricing and revenue management
- Proven ability in executing sales planning and activity tracking processes
- Good end to end knowledge of CRM systems
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, entrepreneurial mindset
Green Park is proud to be partnering a renowned top 10 retailer through their continued growth and establishment across the British markets.
Due to structural changes across the business we will be looking to appoint a Chief Commercial Officer to take leadership and accountability managing the delivery of multibillion turnover retailer.
This assignment will take full accountability of day to day activities, our clients GP is currently growing considerably year upon year and this role will be a key strategic appointment in assisting this continued growth.
You will need to have proven experience of running a considerable size retailer, growing up through trading and having current deep understanding of trading.
Ideally you will have gained this experience whilst working as a Chief Trading Officer, Chief Commercial Officer, Chief Operations Officer of a retail with revenues within the billions.
The appointed individual will need to display deep gravitas whilst acting in a highly entrepreneurial manor to complement the environment.
You MUST have come from a significant top tier retailer and be able to provide sound understanding of trading in a highly competitive environment.
You will need to display a consistent track record of identifying innovation that have had positive and significant commercial impact on the business that operates as a differentiator within the market.
For more information please contact James Nash.
Our client a leading charity are looking to appoint an interim Head of Business Development on a part time (2-3 days a week) basis for a period of 6 months. The business has only recently introduced this function as they move away from a shared service model and so this role will be advising on a new stage of strategy.
The successful interim will be tasked with building a new business development strategy, redesigning content, redefining the commercial partnerships and will be expected to identify the potential for developing new business opportunities. This role will be managing 2 members of staff.
The Interim Manager
Applicants should have experience of an organisation that organises and runs events, experience of cash management, be able to achieve targets and will be able to implement a relationship management programme with partners. Preference will be given to applicants from the Not for Profit sector.
Green Park is partnering a renowned global Private Equity firm with the establishment of one of their new propositions - The creation of a new high street retailer, circa 25 to 75 stores within apparel.
We require an established, hands on Head of Resourcing who has a proven career within retail recruitment, head office as well as stores.
You will need to join a newly established team who have been put in place by global Private Equity firm with the intention of creating a new apparel brand to hit the British high-street.
This role will be incredibly hands on and cover end to end resourcing across the head office and store networks, the executive team has already been put in place however the rest of the company will need resourcing with urgency.
You will need to be sufficient at resourcing personally as there will not be a budget to partner recruitment agencies.
The Interim Manager
This is an incredibly active role and will require a dedicated Head of Resourcing who’s got a proven track record in large scale retail recruitment with tight deadlines, ideally you will have had exposure of Private Equity and the pressures that come with this.
We will require proven retail experience and will not progress applications without this background.
You will be a smart, creative, compelling, driven. Not afraid to lead others past their comfort zone(s). Creates a sense of urgency.
Our client is a large outsourcing business.
The Interim Assignment
This role is to work in the management team for a large Government contract, reporting to the FD. You will be responsible for planning the regular management reports, as well as being involved in giving commercial and financial direction to the development of a recovery plan for the contract. The Interim Manager will also assist in the transfer of accounting to a SAP system in a Shared Service Centre. The role will be split between London and the Midlands.
The Interim Manager
The successful interim manager will have the following skills and experience:
- experience of working on large outsourcing contracts
- 5 year + post qualified ACA or ACCA
- experience of working in a FTSE 250 company in a similar role (essential)
- knowledge or long term outsourcing contracts with government (highly desirable)
- proven track record of finance control skills