Business & Support Services
Access the best B2B, Business and Support Services senior level professionals in our global network.
Thanks to our extensive, established national and global networks, Green Park are able to offer you the very best senior-level professionals to enhance your workforce.
Over the years, we’ve built a solid reputation in recruiting within the Business Outsourcing and Support Services space and work with customers in a collaborative way to ensure we understand your specific needs, pressures and specifications.
Clients value our inside knowledge and deep understanding of the complexities and challenges their businesses face, which helps us to swiftly and accurately identify and attract the right individuals who can deliver the most value in the shortest possible time.We differentiate ourselves by results, our guidance, networks and process helps us protect our customer’s best interests.
We deliver across all functions, but the majority of executive search mandates and interim management assignments that we we execute are in the following areas:
- Board & Leadership
- Change & Transformation
- Digital & eCommerce
- Estates & Facilities Management
- Finance & Audit
- Governance, Risk & Compliance
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Marketing & Communications
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Project & Programme Management
- Sales & Business Development
- Specialist & Technical
- Strategy & Business Analysis
- Supply Chain & Logistics
Our client, an international retail and commercial bank, has retained Green Park to expand their board with the appointment of an additional Non Executive Director
- To help shape and support the sound development and delivery of the organisation’s growth plans, particularly with your general commercial and financial areas of professional expertise and to ensure that proper corporate risk, governance and controls are applied.
- To provide support, checks and balances to the Group Executive
- To provide authoritative advice to the business on all Risk & Compliance matters, ensuring that the Bank’s views are represented at an industry level.
- To ensure that Risk, Compliance & Audit considerations are allowed for in reaching key decisions on the operational and strategic development of the Bank in accordance with the PRA/FCA Rules for the risk, compliance & audit functions.
- Join the appropriate Board Subcommittees - Credit Committee, Risk Committee, and Audit & Compliance Committee.
Main duties include:
- Attend quarterly board meetings
- Attend monthly credit committee, Risk committee and Audit & Compliance committee and ad hoc working groups, as appropriate
- Debate and take specific decisions which the board or executive team consider to be of significant importance to be taken by the board
- Ensure appropriate policies are in place to manage risks to the Bank operations and the achievement of its strategic objectives
- Maintain high-level relations with the Bank stakeholders, including the Financial Conduct Authority, the financial services industry, consumer bodies, media and staff
The ideal candidate will preferably have experience of:
- serving on a main board of a complex organisation in the finance sector as a non-executive director
- knowledge of Risk Management
- knowledge of Audit & Compliance
- detailed Knowledge UK retail banking, building societies or retail financial services
- Ability to grasp complex legal and consumer issues quickly
- Able to contribute effectively at board level, think strategically and make decisions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving, business analysis and influencing skills.
- Have held a Chairman, CEO, MD or Chief Risk Officer position either at a Group or Local (UK) Board or Committee of Management level, or currently in a NED position.
- Should appreciate the pressures and day-to-day problems on a CEO or MD.
- Should understand the technical, legal and commercial aspects associated with a strongly regulated business sector.
- Understand the importance of compliant behaviour; able to interface with PRA/FCA.
- Needs to be able to influence and see that the Executives, through the Managing Director, drive through key commercial decisions on product range, pricing strategy, branding and partnership activity.
- Should possess strong persuading and influencing skills.
Commitment & Remuneration
A time commitment of 25-30 days per annum is required.
A remuneration of £40,000 per annum.
The initial appointment is for three years but with the possibility of renewal. It is unusual for NEDs to serve more than two terms.
Our client, a leading housing association are potentially entering into a merger with a likeminded organisation and require some part time HR advice around some specialist areas attached to the merger.
The Interim Management Assignment
The required change manager will more than likely be needed for 2-3 days a week for a period of 3-6 months but this is open to discussion. The organisation is in the middle of the stakeholder consultation with a shadow board yet to be appointed and is in the process of taking legal advice in preparation for submission to the Homes and Community Agency.
The required change manager will be expected to provide HR advice around integration, policy, protocols, cultural integration and most importantly dealing with terms of severance.
There is currently a difference between both organisations and the interim will be required to analyse and bring together both approaches to create a fair and transparent process. One of the key deliverables will be to positively affect morale through the period of uncertainty with the aim to keep a high level of staff retention. Additionally the successful applicant will be required to advise and translate the legal advice given into practical steps for the organisation.
The Interim Manager
As well as being able to demonstrate the above range of HR skills, applicants must have a strong grounding in the Social Housing Sector and will have worked on a merger in the recent past. A background and knowledge of Housing TUPE law will also prove beneficial but not essential
Our client, a leading private sector infrastructure organisation, is looking to appoint an interim Project Controls Director for an on-going period to influence and direct the Project Controls function across the organisation and be responsible for its management and development.
The Interim Management Assignment
The Interim Project Controls Director will be responsible for leadership of the functional heads of department, project governance across all functions and maintaining project timeline documents. Applicants will also be expected to carry out risk and impact analysis, develop the implementation of the change plans, ensure the mitigation of risk through the development of high quality control systems and oversee the production of progress/performance reports.
The Interim Manager
The Interim Project Controls Director will have demonstrable experience in all aspects of project control in a major capital project, energy, infrastructure or heavy engineering environment including the management of multi-discipline project teams. They must have a proven track record of implementing risk management and change control processes and will have developed organisational structures, work processes and developed a continuous improvement programme. Preference will be given to candidates with a strong understanding of project control systems such as Primavera and a track record in the use of KPI’s to measure productivity. The ability to influence through persuasion and relationships is essential to being successful in this position. Only applicants that meet the above criteria will be considered for this role.
Our client is looking for a fluent Italian speaker who understands Italian accounting standards and the Italian regulator.
The interim role includes managing the regional aspect of a new global finance system implementation.
The ideal candidate will have a capital markets background to help drive the organisational restructure and to move the corporate functions from geography lead to corporate lead.
Our client, a utiltiies company, require an Interim Financial Controller with a blue chip background at Financial Controller, Group Financial Controller or Finance Director level.
Ideal candidates should demonstrate experience of having worked in logistics or services businesses. The individual must have a very good strategic background, an eye for detail and must be ACA qualified.
Our client, an insurance company, is looking to hire a good all-round interim project manager.
The project will involve the launch of new products and ensuring the project stays on track and hits the launch date. You will need to have led, managed and delivered a project to tight timescales in its entirety. This is a stand alone project that will have its own clear deliverables. The plan and business case has been completed and there has been authorisation to go ahead.
You will need to have rigorous project management methodology and strong governance experience. There is existing programme methodology within the company to work within, so you will not need to reinvent the wheel. Excellent stakeholder management is essential.
Our client is a global professional services body experiencing an exciting time in its growth.
The successful Market Director will lead and manage the Markets teams (market heads and portfolio resource) across all markets in the portfolio (presently UK, Ireland, North America, Caribbean and Cyprus), working effectively with key stakeholders to develop and deliver the annual growth plan ensuring a balanced, consistent and coherent approach to strategy and investment, sharing best practice and delivering market wide reputation, influence and growth in support of the strategy.
The successful Market Director will possess the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Significant leadership experience
- A commercially minded, strategic thinker
- Track record of successful strategic, operational, financial, sales and commercial market performance delivery within a global organisation
- Ability to contribute and present at board level
- Able to personally thrive in a constantly changing environment
- Strong financial awareness and demonstrated ability to manage budgets
- Strong influencing and strategic business development skills
- Experience within the relevant markets would be highly desirable
For further information or for an informal discussion please contact Jaimi Keemer on email@example.com or 020 7399 3993. The closing date for applications is 28th March 2014.
Charterhouse PM Ltd. offers print management solutions and outsourced marketing production services to global brands and blue chip clients across Europe. Acquired by Konica Minolta Business Solutions in November 2012, Charterhouse is currently seeking a European Operations Director to join their management team.
Reporting into the CEO, this role represents a critical addition to the leadership team and will be responsible for driving operational excellence. The ideal candidate will direct the management team on the strategic direction of the company’s operations and have a solid understanding of European markets and the cultural dynamics that exist within. Bringing strong financial acumen, the postholder will be expected to standardise SLAs and KPIs, ensuring that budgets are reported on in a rigorous and timely manner.
Bringing structure to people and process, the postholder will be a self-starter, a strong communicator and a subtle challenger with a track record of building teams, organisational development and managing productive employee relations. This is an opportunity to make a genuine impact on a well-established and entrepreneurial business. The role is integral to the Charterhouse’s ongoing growth and presents significant scope for professional development in the print management industry.
This exciting, newly created role will be critical in shaping the ACCA’s ambitious plans to foster a culture of high performance and people development.
As a key member of the Strategy leadership team, you will design, drive and deliver strategic resourcing and talent management strategies across the organisation.
In order to meet the demands of this varied and challenging role, you will bring a successful track record as a generalist HR leader, demonstrate strong talent management process design and business consulting skills, and be able to both envision and execute best fit models in a complex, ideally international, environment. Your capacity to translate business needs into practical, innovative and informed solutions will be fundamental.
Our client is looking for a senior level claimant personal injury solicitor to join the organisation in a leadership capacity as the national Personal Injury Business Unit Director.
The role is mission critical to the ongoing development of the business and the successful applicant will have significant scope and ownership in shaping the direction of this business unit. Applicants should have a minimum of ten years dedicated personal injury experience as well as being able to claim “subject matter expert status” within the wider legal services world.
The ideal candidate should be an active market commentator with strong views on the changing face of the legal services market. In addition to having an established personal brand within high value claimant personal injury work and a track record of significant case wins and market profile, the successful candidate will be commercially focussed with solid management experience and a detail driven approach to business planning. Designing and implementing new processes and maximising the our client’s brand and market potential will be key factors in the success of this role as will the ability to think both strategically and tactically whilst being able to maintain flexibility in a changing legal landscape.