Central Government & Executive Agencies
Proud approved suppliers to:
Green Park’s Central Government Practice is comprised of expert consultants who specialise in delivering senior Civil Service roles.
With a broad reach across Central Government & Executive Agencies, our team draws on an exceptional track record delivering diversity focused interim managment and executive search recruitment initiatives designed with transparency and sustainability in mind. Our approach is centred on an ‘evidence-based’ resourcing methodology, combining the highest levels of process due diligence with an ability to adapt to changing client needs.
When we deliver Central Government & Executive Agency work, we understand that we have an obligation to ensure the work we do underpins our clients’ commitment to striving for continuous improvement. Across every search mandate or interim assignment we deliver, we maintain open, positive lines of communication, delivering the regular reports, statistics and updates our clients require to keep up with the project’s process.
Our bespoke approach to each assignment means we are ideally placed to find individuals who not only match the skills and experience needed in the role, but also have the right stakeholder management and culture fit to succeed in the environment. In the highly complex and pressurised Central Government environment, assessing candidates against these elements provides Green Park with a definite competitive edge over the competition.
Clients value our inside knowledge and deep understanding of the complexity and challenges each Central Government organisation faces, which helps us to swiftly and accurately identify and attract the individuals within our network who will deliver the most value in the shortest possible time.
We deliver across all functions, but the majority of executive search mandates and interim management assignments that we we execute are in the following areas:
- Board & Leadership
- Change & Transformation
- Digital & eCommerce
- Estates & Facilities Management
- Finance & Audit
- Governance, Risk & Compliance
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Marketing & Communications
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Project & Programme Management
- Sales & Business Development
- Specialist & Technical
- Strategy & Business Analysis
- Supply Chain & Logistics
Director of Delivery Assurance and Business Planning
Location: London or Leeds
Salary: From £100,000
NHS England leads the National Health Service (NHS) in England. They set the priorities and direction of the NHS, encouraging and informing national debate with a view to improving health and care. NHS England is responsible for the distribution of £100 billion of spend, providing challenge and support to ensure effective and impactful use of resources.
As the Director of Delivery Assurance and Business Planning you will develop, implement and assure the delivery of the business plan. You will assure that all of our programmes are working to government policies, standards and best practice; ensuring their visibility at Executive Group and Board level. Providing practical support to the Senior Responsible Owners (SROs) you will ensure the successful delivery of their programmes by surfacing and managing interdependences, risks and issues, facilitating resolution.
We are looking for highly-experienced individuals who can demonstrate a proven track record of delivering large scale programmes in either Central Government or the NHS. The successful candidate will have direct, and significant, experience of developing and implementing effective systems and processes in large, complex, highly-political environments and will have the personal stature and gravitas to challenge and influence at all levels.
If you want to apply or learn more about this opportunity and selection process, please visit our microsite at www.green-park-jobs.co.uk/nhs-england or contact our advisers Green Park on 0207 399 3996 and speak to Ella Milward Hamylton.
The closing date for applications is Monday 27 March 2017.
Office for National Statistics (ONS)
Chief Data Architect
The ONS is the UK's National Statistical Institute and largest producer of official statistics and produces statistics on a range of key economic, social and demographic topics. Key services include measuring changes in the value of the UK economy (GDP), estimating the size, geographic distribution and characteristics of the population (including statistics from the Census), and providing indicators of price inflation (CPI), employment, earnings, crime and migration.
The Independent Review of National Statistics, published 11 March 2016 (The Bean Review) made a number of recommendations about the way in which the ONS uses data and data science to produce national statistics. Knowing what we have in detail, bringing it together into a single coherent architecture, mapping it, maintaining it and, where appropriate, enabling its wider use and dissemination depends on us having a clear view of what it is. Its quality, integrity and validity is crucial to maintaining ONS's market leading position, in the context of an increasingly digitally enabled and online world.
As a result of these recommendations, we are seeking to appoint a Chief Data Architect to be responsible for the development of the data strategy and its implementation for data and metadata across ONS. As Chief Data Architect you will carry out the development of an innovative and high impact data strategy, underpinned by cutting-edge data policies and a new future-proofed technical architecture. You will work closely with the Data Collection Directorate and with other parts of the office to ensure that our approach to the management of our data and the techniques and approaches that we use for its exploitation are consistent and fit for the future.
We are looking for a hands-on data specialist. Someone who understands the breadth and complexity of Data Science across the UK. The successful individual will be able to demonstrate an impressive knowledge of data tools and techniques, including the processing of large, unstructured datasets; and the current and emerging legislative landscape around the use of data. As an expert in the field of data analytics they will be able to rapidly gain the credibility and trust of their peers and stakeholders.
For further information or to apply please visit http://green-park-jobs.co.uk/ons-cda or contact Andrea Trainer on 020 3145 3434.
Our client a leading government department are looking to hire an Interim User Experience Designer for a period of 6 months. The interim will be responsible for ensuring the interaction the organisation has with its customers and stakeholders is customer centric, insight driven and supports a coherent, consistent and compelling experience while defining, building and implementing an ambitious roadmap of digital transformation.
The role will include collaborating with stakeholders and customers to design, conduct and interpret user engagement and research activities, collaborating with business improvement, customer insight, technology, and operations teams to deliver customer focused services and experiences. The role will also include developing, translating and communicating UX principles, guidelines and best practice throughout the organisation, ensure the UX delivered is customer led, is validated with customers and operations, and is insight driven. The successful candidate will be measured on improvement of customer engagement, reduced transaction times and development of customer journeys to test UX designs.
Applicants will have demonstrable background in user experience and a solid understanding of the various UX design disciplines and the underlying theory in areas of interaction design. They will also have an in-depth understanding of the full, end-to-end service design process and how different activities and deliverables inform each other, for example how research findings and strategy inform concept development and detailed design. The successful applicant will have experience of a variety of design tools and methodologies, with a broad understanding of technology landscape, including new and emerging technologies that will influence UX design.
Preference will to candidates who have governmental or public sector experience.
Our client, a leading a government organisation are looking to hire an Interim Operations Director for one of their leading divisions. The division in question is project based delivering research, support and investigations and is moving to a structure where people are organised in capability groups and work on projects in a range of portfolios.
The interim role is to manage a transition from a unit based structure for delivery of work to a capability delivery structure. Each unit is essentially a small business with its own people resources its own projects and P&L. The new delivery structure will have people resources in Capability and there will be a number of portfolios of project work each with a manager. The manager will need resource from the delivery capability groups to win commercial work and execute projects. The Interim Operations Director will establish a new project delivery model defining the improvements to existing processes and this will include developing project proposals and assigning resources to projects. Once the division reaches its new target operating model the work will be to define line management responsibility, ensure people management structures, establish foresight on future projects and build on the existing metrics.
Applicants will have extensive project and programme management experience in a science based organisation be it research, experimental or consultancy. They will have had personal delivery of major projects, director level leadership and will have worked in a matrix structure. Preference will be given to applicants with a formal project management qualification.
Our client, a Central Government Department, is looking for an interim to work closely with local authorities, LEPs and the private sector to bring to market large-scale investible real estate development projects for major overseas institutional investors (e.g. pension funds and sovereign wealth funds).
The successful candidate will look after the South West region and will have to:
* Identify potential investment projects, advising local public and private sector partners on making them investable (including synergies such a joint risk/reward structures between property and infrastructure).
* Recommend projects are accepted into the pipeline via SMT approval.
* Work with investor facing colleagues and Posts in ensuring the characteristics of these projects are well matched with investor requirements.
* Provide expert advice to investors on project specifications.
* Work across government on shared plans for bringing forward development e.g. meeting government's ambitions for housebuilding.
* Maintain credibility in market as an expert, fair and helpful conduit for investment attraction.
The role should individually support the Capital Investment and NPH Directorates by playing a key role in the attraction of at least £0.5bn per annum of attracted capital investment into UK property and infrastructure development projects.
Please only apply if you have recent experience in the above criteria.
Our central government client is looking for x2 Finance Business for 6 months + to provide strategic financial leadership to Deputy Directors and Head of Group, working together to improve the business.
The interim will be required to carry out the following responsibilities, activities and duties:-
Strategy & Planning
- Accountable for the financial input into the development of the business plans for the units and groups supported over the short, medium and long term
- Responsible for assisting in the development of the Finance Business Partnering Group business plans
- Responsible for contributing to the development of the F&A Directorate business plans
- Accountable for the clear presentation of strategic options analysis and financial position to support decision making.
- Responsible for ensuring regular contact is maintained with external stakeholders, Deputy Directors, Heads of Group and other senior stakeholders across the groups and business units supported, building, maintaining and influencing effective key stakeholder relationships with and on behalf of the SFBP (Senior Finance Business Partner), HFBP ( Head of Finance Business Partner) and F&A Directorate
- Working closely with stakeholders within the F&A Directorate to ensure an understanding of group in year forecasts and variances and their alignment with central planning assumptions;
Expert Financial Advice
- Accountable to the Senior SFBP for financial oversight of group and business unit budgets, ensuring overall financial control by engaging and influencing the Deputy Directors, accountable budget holders and relevant stakeholders. In turn, the FBP must effectively manage the business partner teams to be responsible for ensuring effective financial control from their respective accountable budget holders;
- Accountable for understanding and providing insight into the business unit and group financial position against business performance to challenge and support informed decision making
- Responsible for ensuring FBPs within the team instigate and maintain regular and effective contact with stakeholders, providing expert analysis and challenging and influencing strategic decision making;
The Interim Manager
- Must have IFAC qualification
- May be required to hold or undertake additional qualifications or accreditations specific to the role e.g. IACCM certification
- Will report to the Senior Finance Business Partner
Our client, a central government body, is looking for an Interim Office Space Planner to assist with the move of the client's main office location.
The ideal candidate will have experience of project managing where key members of staff and directorates will be located within the new property to ensure a smooth transition into a new office location.
*Responsible for identifying where the Directorates will be placed in the new building based on requirements capture data and space constraints
*Responsible for planning the logistics and the timings of the move for each team, and for producing the moves schedule for c. 1400 staff
*Liaison with BEIS flight planner to coordinate inbound with outbound moves
*Responsible for linking with and ensuring the Moves Contractors are booked, scheduled and fully aware of the requirements.
Our client, a central government body, is looking for an Interim Building Project Manager to assist with the move of the client's main office location.
The ideal candidate will have experience of project managing the delivery of office refurbishment and improvement building works as part of an in-house team or an outsourced provider.
This role requires someone who is security cleared.
*Must have proven track record with time management on complex building projects. Multiple works will be undertaken concurrently within a tight time-frame
*Management of cost across multiple contractors
*Risk management and reporting
*Stakeholder management across contractor groups and the wider programme team. Managing works with careful consideration within a working office environment
*Responsible for project managing the delivery of office refurbishment and improvement building works
Commercial Specialist - Estate
Department for Work and Pensions
Location: London, but will involve regular travel
The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) touches the lives of everyone in the UK in some shape or form, delivering services and support to help people find work, assist with a disability or provide support through their retirement. The DWP are looking for a new Commercial Specialist - Estates to lead the focal restructuring of the DWP’s physical infrastructure and to develop a new approach to procuring and structuring both locations and the services which support them.
Following the expiration of a 20 year PFI contract, the new Commercial Specialist - Estates will join the Estates Category team at this pivotal time to oversee the commercial aspects of exiting a large and complex PFI contract and managing the associated risks. The new Commercial Specialist will deliver cost efficient savings to the taxpayer, whilst maintaining best performance and risk management. Key responsibilities include leading the review and negotiation of large and complex contracts and working with the Legal team to achieve this.
The ideal candidate will have substantial commercial leadership experience gained within a Property, Facilities Management or similar complex function within a large matrix organisation. They will have a proven knowledge of contractual principles. Also paramount is a proven ability to act as a credible ambassador for the Estates category, as well as an ability to garner respect and drive through a strong change and delivery ethos.
A demonstrable proficiency in influencing key stakeholders (internal and external) towards proposed commercial solutions is necessary.
DWP ensures fairness and equal opportunities throughout its workforce and in service delivery. The organisation welcomes applications from suitably skilled candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, sexuality, religion or age.
For further information and to apply please visit: http://www.green-park-jobs.co.uk/gcf/ or contact Andrea Trainer or Ella Milward Hamylton on 020 7399 3996.
Our client, a Central Government body, is looking for an Interim Senior Healthcare Marketing Specialist to provide strategic marketing communications advice on how marketing can help them to increase the supply international clients, developing compelling sector marketing propositions and identifying how marketing communications can support their business objectives.
The ideal candidate with either come from the NHS or the Pharmaceutical industry and work 3-4 days per week.
- Taking responsibility for the client as the point-person for their relationship with the marketing communications directorate
- Providing clear, professional marketing communications advice to client sectors
- Developing tailored propositions and a healthcare-specific marketing and communications plan that supports sector-business planning and connects with market-led plans - ensuring direct support for High Value Campaigns that are at the core of the business
- Leading a virtual team across Marcomms to agree and deliver the Marcomms plan - including PR, digital, events, internal and external comms and the core campaigns function
- Leading the production of appropriate content, collateral and business development products for each step of the customer journey - ensuring the material is kept up to date and available globally
- Ensuring core script and message house is maintained and ready for deployment
- Ensure that the client's external communication channels are deployed effectively to communicate with stakeholders