Commerce & Industry
Feel like there’s a shortage of specialist workers? It’s because we’ve already shortlisted them.
Fierce, competitive markets are where we really excel. And the Commerce & Industry sector is one of the strongest with strong competition in a niche field. We help organisations seek out those rare finds and ensure they fit seamlessly into the company.
Where many sectors have best practice standards that can be readily transported into other industries, Commerce & Industry organisations typically require executives with either highly developed technical knowledge, or proven leadership experience understanding complex challenges of both scale and culture.
Our reputation is built on developing long-term, sustainable relationships with organisations in this sector, relying on our wealth of experience to swiftly and accurately deliver them the best interim and permanent executives.
Whether your organisation has a current skills gap, needs to launch a new product or service, or is attempting to turnaround a poorly performing project or department, we can provide you with experienced, performance-driven executives with the industry knowledge you need to make a genuine, lasting impact.
Drawing on our established, fully ISO 9001:2008 pre-qualified network, we can help you fill capability gaps, find skilled resources for business critical projects and programmes, and ultimately find new channels for cost savings and sustainable growth. Within the sector, we supply to functions and roles including:
We deliver across all functions, but the majority of executive search mandates and interim management assignments which we are engaged to execute for our Commerce & Industry clients are in the following areas:
- Board & Leadership
- Change & Transformation
- Digital & eCommerce
- Estates & Facilities Management
- Finance & Audit
- Governance, Risk & Compliance
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Marketing & Communications
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Project & Programme Management
- Sales & Business Development
- Specialist & Technical
- Strategy & Business Analysis
- Supply Chain & Logistics
Our client, a transforming FMCG business, is looking for an Interim Reward Specialist.
The Interim Assignment
The Interim Reward Specialist role will place heavy emphasis on trade union negotiation and collective bargaining – experience of this is essential. They will also have to manage a range of compensation and benefits projects as part of an overall company wide transformation programme.
The Interim Manager
The Interim Reward Specialist will will have had experience of working at Head of level previously.
The Co-operative Legal Services are looking for a senior level claimant personal injury solicitor to join the organisation in a leadership capacity as a Business Unit Director.
The Head of Personal Injury is mission critical to the ongoing development of the CLS business and the successful applicant will have significant scope in shaping the direction that the CLS personal injury practice takes. Applicants should have a minimum of ten years dedicated personal injury experience as well as being able to claim “subject matter expert status” within the wider legal services world.
They should be an active market commentator with strong views on the changing face of the legal services market and ideas on how to make the advent of the Legal Services Act give businesses such as Co-op a competitive advantage. In addition to having an established personal brand within high value claimant personal injury work and a track record of significant case wins and market profile, the successful candidate will be highly commercially focused with solid management experience and a detail driven approach to business planning. Designing and implementing new processes and maximising the Co-op’s brand and market potential will be key factors in the success of this role as will the ability to think both strategically and tactically whilst being able to maintain flexibility in a changing legal landscape.
Our client, a leading global Health and Fitness organisation is looking for a UK Finance Director to join their well-established business based on the South Coast.
An exciting opportunity as UK Finance Director, this individual will assist the business in driving forward the strategy and capitalise on available growth. Looking for a passionate and driven finance professional to provide insight and analysis to the Board, this individual will work as part of the Executive Team to create, refine and implement strategic plans designed to achieve business growth. With continued investment in the UK market, the FD will set a commercial vision in all aspects of the Company’s financial activities.
ACCA qualified (or equivalent), you will have proven senior finance experience across process improvement, change management and systems implementation. Ideally you will have experience in a multi-site commercial business with a lease property portfolio, in either the leisure or retail sector. This role provides an excellent opportunity to join a well established global organisation that has ambitious expansion plans.
Our client, an established life science business requires an interim M&A IT Consultant.
The M&A IT consultant will need to have strong experience in M&A focusing on the due diligence and integration piece. The ideal candidate will have worked on a number of International M&A’s ideally and conducted the due diligence for each acquisition from an IT perspective and the subsequent integration.
The ideal candidate should be a self starter, possess good influencing skills and be able to work in fast paced environments.Experience working within a healthcare business would be desirable.
An exciting opportunity exists within our client, an international travel organisation for an interim Senior HR Business Partner to partner a highly credible demanding client group.
The Interim Management Assignment
The interim Lead Senior HR Business Partner will be responsible for business partnering, employee engagement, employee relations/industrial relations, designing and delivering consistency of end to end career experiences and working on the strategic culture transformation.
The Interim Manager
The ideal candidate will have worked in a fast paced change environment with excellent HR business partnering skills and strong ER/IR knowledge. Highly motivated, experience in working with challenging client groups and ideally from an FMCG background.
Our client, a rapidly evolving Infrastructure business, requires an Head of Recruitment to take the lead role to ensure the organisation is populated by the best possible talent.
The role reports directly into the Head of HR and will be responsible for delivering all facets of internal and external recruitment strategy. This will be achieved through the development of local and national recruiting plans, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources, as well as developing new, creative recruiting ideas. In addition to this you will build and plan resourcing in advance to ensure plans are in place to recruit and replace internal moves and leavers and to make robust plans for organisational growth.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing a team of 6 to strategically deliver resourcing plans
- Managing end to end recruitment campaigns based on organisational demand
- Providing direction to the business on resourcing strategy
- Planning and developing a graduate recruitment programme
- Building long term candidate and employee talent pipelines to support and reduce the cost of external sourcing
- Managing the recruitment budget
- Implementing and managing the e-recruitment system
The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive knowledge of managing end-to end recruitment for multiple campaigns in a transport or major infrastructure environment
- Significant track record in developing workforce plans for the future
- Demonstrable expertise in coaching and developing line managers on recruitment best practice, diversity and strategic resourcing
- Strong understanding of employment legislation
- Demonstrable track record of recruitment of senior level positions
Our client, a global utilities business, requires an interim Training Manager to define, develop and deliver a training strategy to meet the requirements of the business in the development of technical capability and the assurance of high quality skills for the future.
The business are looking to create a robust organisational framework around learning and development, and as the Interim Training Manager, you will be responsible for defining and implementing a structure who can support this aim. The successful candidate will also be responsible for ensuring the sustainability of this programme, and introduce metrics and reporting to support decision making around capability and resourcing requirements. Quality assurance will be an important consideration, and they will look to the Interim Training Manager to develop initiatives to assure the quality of their training offerings.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A proven track record of implementing the strategy for an organisation to meet its competency objectives
- Clear and credible communication style
- Ability to influence positively at all levels within an organisation
- Experience of implementing a sustainable organisational framework for training
- Desirable – knowledge of petrochemicals manufacturing
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
Our client, a global digital business, requires an interim Director of Customer Services to work in the Receivables area.
This position is also responsible for managing the oversight of a team that is focused on providing direct customer feedback on the customer experience to all business constituents. Our client, a global digital business, requires an interim Director of Customer Services to work in the Receivables area with a focus on cleaning up all aged accounts and implementing a process which includes checks and balances via reporting and sampling to ensure all accounts are being worked as soon as a payment fails or a payment is late as well as ensuring all accounts are accurately billed. This position is also responsible for managing the oversight of a team that is focused on providing direct customer feedback on the customer experience to all business constituents.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- As part of customer contact, oversee the management of the Finance Receivable activities (Credit, Billing, Collections) for 350,000 Customer Accounts which generate annual cash collections of approximately £400 million
- As part of customer contact handle approximately 800,000 inbound customer calls and 400,000 inbound emails. Resolve all customer complaints with an annual claim/waiver value of approximately £9 million.
- As part of Sales Support handle 180,000 inbound calls and 30,000 emails from sales representatives. Oversight of a Quality Analysis and Reporting team that is focused on analyzing customer complaints and coordinating root cause analysis efforts and solutions to drive complaints and waivers out of the business whilst also improving the overall customer journey.
- Provide direction to the IT department for the design, development, and enhancement of all systems that are required to support all contact centre functions.
- Strong financial background and working knowledge of receivable accounting
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of telephony systems
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong process and workflow skills
- Strong ability to multi-task without getting flustered
- Strong working knowledge and in-depth experience of publishing systems
Our client, a rapidly expanding integrated payment processing business, requires an interim Chief Technology Officer (“CTO”) to provide technology leadership and drive the development of new IT solutions within this increasingly on-line business.
The CTO will be integral to the strategic IT thinking within the company, designing creative solutions in response to new business ideas, whilst also challenging business thinking to ensure effective use of IT capability and resources. The CTO will be responsible for the execution of the IT Strategy & Delivery Plan through the leadership of the company’s product development, customer project, service delivery and infrastructure teams.
A key focus is the effective management of development capability to support both existing systems and applications as well as new projects and to develop and own the delivery of a technology strategy and plan to support.
The Company’s business objectives over the next 12 to 36 months;
- Provide leadership to the business on introducing new technology, designs and features
- Oversee the architecting, development and deployment of consumer facing web applications and back-end systems that are high volume, high availability, scalable and secure;
- Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organisational structure that supports the strategic needs of the business
- Provide the IT leadership and put in place the disciplines and motivations which will create a system development environment that is focussed on service and speed of delivery;
- Ensure that effective procedures for Information Security, PCI Compliance, Disaster Recovery (DR) and business continuity (BusCon) are in place;
- Maintain a high-level of awareness of technology innovation and best practice in consumer facing payment processing and campaign management applications
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong foundation in both technology and management skills, with an emphasis on technology leadership and experience within the on-line business sector:
- 10+ years of systems and software development experience and with at least 3 years in a senior technology executive role;
- Track record of designing and delivering IT strategy and software application systems for high-growth, consumer facing on-line businesses;
- Familiarity with agile software development methods and the experience to apply such methods effectively to meet customer solution delivery requirements at Valldata;
- Experience of managing both “legacy” and “new” system developments;
- Track record of implementing effective software lifecycle delivery processes with a strong focus on agile methods, speed of delivery and quality assurance.