Proud approved suppliers to:
A market leader in Government Practice; watertight, fully auditable recruitment processes without exception or compromise.
Green Park’s Local Government Practice has quickly established itself as a market leader, with a proven track record providing innovative and tailored executive interim management and executive search solutions to a broad range of Local Government clients. In a crowded supplier market we have differentiated ourselves by turning traditional, complacent recruitment methodology on its head in order to deliver innovative, bespoke and outcome-focused solutions.
The Local Government team at Green Park has built a reputation for delivering watertight, fully auditable recruitment processes. Without exception or compromise, the people we identify and attract to our clients meet our robust selection and assessment criteria, which cover technical skills, experience, and cultural fit. Our ISO quality accredited methodology gives us evidence-based data that enables us to remove the risk of interim hires, giving our clients the confidence to proceed with their own planning and strategies as they strive to improve service to their own customers.
As trusted advisors, we work in partnership with our clients to understand their issues and tailor our solutions accordingly; over 80% of our work comes from repeat business, recommendations and referrals. Clients value our in-depth knowledge of Local Government and our robust and un-intrusive approach which rapidly gives them access to the best talent in the market.
As thought leaders in the sector, we regularly comment in the trade press. To join us in those debates on LinkedIn, please join our Local Government LinkedIn group by clicking the link above.
Our wide networks, track record and expertise in Local Government span hundreds of successfully completed interim assignments. Our core areas of expertise include:
- Board & Leadership
- Change & Transformation
- Digital & eCommerce
- Estates & Facilities Management
- Finance & Audit
- Governance, Risk & Compliance
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Marketing & Communications
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Project & Programme Management
- Sales & Business Development
- Specialist & Technical
- Strategy & Business Analysis
- Supply Chain & Logistics
Our client is looking for an interim Management Accountant to assist with the following deliverables:
Management Restructure Budget Alignment:
To work with the design lead for Corporate Core to ensure interim management structures are able to be funded from within the present budget provisions and work with Finance to align budgets accordingly
Cost modelling of support services for new arm's length entities:
To model and agree the appropriate cost provisions of support services provided by the council to new arm's length organisations
Coordination of zero based budgeting for the new corporate core (i.e. support services):
Detailed modelling of the financial options and costs of running a new 'leaner' organisation based on the organisation being smaller in size as a result of programmes and the segregation of arm's length organisation from the council
Information Technology Cost Modelling:
Leading the technology team in the development of an approach to appropriately cost IT transfer to new arm's length organisations. Including costs of licenses, desktop kit, infrastructure etc.
Please only apply if you have recent experience working with a Local Authority.
Our client in a Local Authority in London have identified a need to deliver potential savings through a number of products to be launched for residents on an invest to save basis. They need a Commercial Business Analyst to be their New Products Lead providing robust commercial analysis and evaluation for new income generating ideas identified by the Commercial & Innovation Champions. They will then lead the due diligence process of all approved ideas to a measurable business outcome in order to deliver commercial opportunities to the council.
The Interim Manager
This interim will need to:
- Prepare and support the Commercial and Innovation Champions to present business ideas to the Innovation Panel in a commercial way, clearly defining the markets, competitors and profit opportunity that arise from the ideas.
- Carryout a deeper commercial analysis of business ideas endorsed by the Innovation Panel for review by the Mayor, providing evidence based financial projections on costs and profit.
- Conduct due diligence on all approved ideas to determine the best way of realising the potential benefits.
- Provide options analysis of the best routes to market including acquisitions, partnerships, start-ups etc.
- Identify the level of investment needed and the forecast ROI.
- Develop the business case to secure the necessary investment funding.
- Lead a project team to set the new business up.
The Interim Assignment
The following experience will be required:
- Solid track record of working in commercial functions with hands on experience
- Has carried out complex competitor analysis
- Undertaken market analysis in a wide range of diverse business areas
- Developed structured Business Cases including ROI identification
- Presented business cases to management in a clear and concise manner
- Played a major role in the due diligence of significant acquisitions
- Carried out robust risk analysis on new business ventures
- Created commercial Business Partnership arrangements
- Led cross functional business projects to successful completion
It is essential that candidates have a proven track record in the analysis of the commercial viability of products and services prior to their launch.
Our client based in the North Midlands is looking for an Interim SEN Service Manager to:
- To champion improved outcomes for 16-25 Vulnerable Learners in Derby
- To lead on the Council’s statutory duty for the assessment of 16-25 learners with Special Educational Needs and disabilities (SEND), conversions and LDA assessments and carry out monitoring and Annual Reviews
- To co-ordinate the administration and chair the Council’s Education Health Care Assessment Panel
- To contribute as a member of the Inclusion Management Team on the improvement of outcomes for 16-25 Vulnerable Learners in line with the Inclusion Strategy
- Ensure that the Council is represented at First-Tier Tribunal (SEND).
We are looking for an interim who has direct experience working within a Local Authority – please only apply if you match the above criteria.
Our client a leading London Local Authority are looking to hire an Interim Senior Commercial Analyst to work on their 2020 regeneration programme.
The role will be to work with the Council’s designated Commercial & Innovation Champions to refine business ideas for the Innovation Panel and contribute to delivering commercial opportunities for the Council. This role will also involve clearly defining the markets, competitors and profit opportunity that arise from the ideas. The suitable candidate will carry out a deeper commercial analysis of business ideas endorsed by the Innovation Panel for review by the Mayor, providing evidence based financial projections on costs and profit. They will also conduct due diligence on all approved ideas to determine the best way of realising the potential benefits. As part of this they will need to provide options analysis of the best routes to market including acquisitions, partnerships, start-ups etc.
Applicants must have:
- Solid track record of working in commercial functions within a council.
- Carried out complex competitor analysis and undertaken market analysis in a wide range of diverse business areas
- Developed structured Business Cases including ROI identification and presented them to management in a clear and concise manner
- Played a major role in the due diligence of significant acquisitions and will have carried out robust risk analysis on new business ventures
- Created commercial Business Partnership arrangements and led cross functional business projects to successful completion
Please only apply if you have recent experience working at a Local Authority with the above experience.
We are working with a Local Authority client in London to source a specialist to work with one of the Assistant Directors on policy and governance framework analysis. As part of a Council-wide change management programme, there is a skills gap to analyse governance, policy and performance frameworks in all key service areas across the organisation with a view to aligning practices more effectively towards more integrated future operating models.
The key objectives for the assignment alongside collating business information for strategic plans and working in partnership with a Performance Analyst will include:
- Analysis of existing practices and KPIs across the organisation
- Working closely with a variety of stakeholders (Officers and Members) to gain buy in for target operating models
- Assessment of workforce plans to align to future plans
Candidates will combine strong process mapping and analytical skill sets (not necessarily via one specific methodology) with excellent stakeholder engagement and management skills. It is key that candidates can analyse existing processes whilst also being able to design and ‘vision’ alternative processes that will break down operating silos and align effectively to future operating models.
Candidates will need to have worked recently in Local Government in a similar project lead, policy, performance or analysis based role as a robust understanding of the mechanics of Local Authorities and the complexity of working with Elected Members is critical to success in this position. You’ll need to be able to demonstrate a high degree of mental agility and due sensitivity to the culture and structure of Local Authorities. An ability to work independently and at pace is also important. We therefore are inviting applications only from candidates who are immediately available, full time, in central London, who fully meet the criteria set out above.
We are looking for an interim to help develop the processes that support the reporting of BCF (Better Care Fund) metrics between health and social care in the Council.
Over the assignment the interim will work on the following:
- Options paper setting out proposed business process for BCF Dashboard creation and NHSE BCF submission.
- Options paper for monthly reporting and proposed process changes for the 91 days enablement indicator
- Proposed benefits realisation dashboard for HSCI which takes into account the changes to BILT and links to SRG.
- Paper setting out proposed indicators for 2016/17 BCF, including proposed local metrics and national requirements.
Please only apply if you have:
- Extensive experience in this area within the NHS
- Experience of Local Authority business intelligence
- Management information and analytics
- Experience of using NHS data including SUS, SLAM, PbR, Mental Health PbR, QIPP, primary care data, QOF
- A high level of skill in use of Business Intelligence and analytical tools, including SQL, SQL Management Studio, Excel, Access.
Chief Executive, Croydon Council
Croydon is London’s growth borough
The borough has £9billion of investment firmly in the pipeline, has attracted a rapidly growing technology industry, and is seeing an explosion of house building and office construction. The planned regeneration of the main shopping complex is at the centre of this growth, and, once complete, will see Croydon firmly positioned as the retail heart of the south-east. Our entrepreneurial spirit is also driving the borough to become London’s fastest-growing economic centre.
As one of London’s largest, most populated and diverse boroughs, Croydon has more residents and businesses than most UK cities. It is home to a vast, energetic, cultural blend of different communities spread across wards that range from the densely built-up urban landscape of the north, through to the leafy suburbs of the south.
We are looking for an experienced, bold leader who will deliver on our promises to residents and businesses alike. This is why our new chief executive must be able to influence at a local, regional and national level, act as a great ambassador for both the council and the borough, and continue our journey from good to great.
Croydon ensures fairness and equal opportunities throughout its workforce and in service delivery. The council welcomes applications from suitably skilled candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, sexuality, religion or age.
For further information and to apply, please visit: http://green-park-jobs.co.uk/croydon or contact Andrea Trainer or Jo Morey on 020 3145 3434.
Closing date: Friday 20 May 2016.
Our client is looking for and experienced interim with excellent leadership skills to lead their services for disabled adults and older people.
The purpose of the role will be to:
- To have responsibility for the effective delivery of the statutory responsibilities of the Local Authority to people with physical disabilities aged 18 and above, this includes the Assessment Hub, older people, sensory impairment, HIV/Aids, those in need of Occupational Therapy, and their families and carers.
- To ensure that the service meets the needs of service users and carers, that the use of these services is optimised, that performance is monitored and managed and value for money is achieved.
- To manage people, delegated budgets and other resources, utilising them innovatively and creatively to benefit service provision, ensuring expenditure is contained within cash limited budgets and risk and need are balanced, to deliver Council objectives and the best possible outcomes for service users and carers.
- To ensure and promote effective partnership working with Health partners and other statutory services, the voluntary sector and other stakeholders including the Local Authority Trading Company to ensure that the service delivers a high quality and efficient service within resources.
- To support the Assistant Director in maintaining the ethos of the division and in enhancing the performance and reputation of the Health & Adult Social Care directorate, in the context of the council’s overall objectives, national health and social care objectives & local objectives.
- To ensure services are provided and developed in such a way that promotes independence, choice and social inclusion.
- To have responsibility for the leadership, management and delivery of the Local Authority’s and Health integrated services covered within the service.
- To lead the development and implementation of the national agenda for Adult Social Care for older people and physical disabilities whilst making a significant contribution to the national and local priorities of the Department.
- To be responsible for the effective implementation of the Council’s Safeguarding Adults, Governance and Quality Assurance arrangements within the services.
- To act as the Council’s principal advisor on the social care statutory responsibilities and be the professional lead for the Council and across the service for people with physical disabilities and older people.
Please only apply if you have direct experience within a Local Government context of managing these services at 2nd or 3rd tier. Candidates must be CQSW.
Our Local Government client is looking for an interim to lead and assist the Director on the future service provision of Pensions Administration. Responsibilities will include:
- Leading on the implementation of future Pension Scheme changes and within an operational context
- Working as part of the Exchequer & Transactional Management team, reporting to the Director, providing strategic direction and leadership on Pensions ensuring the delivery of policy and strategic priorities for partner Councils.
- Providing strategic leadership and management accountability for the transformation of Pensions Services through better use of technology, standardisation and simplification of processes, ensuring value for money and an efficient service
- Responsibility for ensuring end user engagement with customers in the design and delivery of Pension Services ensuring compliance with Pension legislation, Financial regulations, Constitution and guidance
- Lead, develop and implement an efficient Pension service delivering cost and efficiency savings.
- Work across functional boundaries with key stakeholders in both the strategy design and in the operational delivery of the Pensions Services including a full Service Review to determine the most appropriate model of operation.
- Develop and implement a robust performance improvement programme delivering improved outcomes for customers and the creation of a best in class Pensions services for the client and new customers.
- Contribute to the overall management of governance issues, including risk, ensuring that lines of accountability within the service are clear and well understood and systems are in place for monitoring, evaluating and managing risk to secure the reputation and physical, financial, virtual and intellectual resources of the client.
- Lead on advising Pension Committees on current and forthcoming issues that will impact upon the Fund’s activities and member employing bodies.
- Formulate and implement the Pensions Services objectives from overall strategic directives and Financial Regulatory requirements.
- Understand and act on issues regarding Actuaries regarding pension issues and valuations.
Due to the specific nature of the post, it is essential that candidates have deep expertise in managing all the above aspects of pension management as a senior Officer either in a Local Authority context, or potentially in another large public body such as an NHS Trust or a Government Department.
Service Head, Legal & Democratic Services
Salary: up to £100,557 per annum
London Borough of Tower Hamlets
Location: Mulberry Place, East India, London
Tower Hamlets has had a new change in board and leadership and we are currently looking to appoint a Service Head, Legal & Democratic Services. The London Borough of Tower Hamlets is recognised as a high performing authority, with numerous awards and national achievements in housing, diversity and innovation. The Borough is unique in that it is has a very diverse and multicultural community juxtaposed with the financial heart of London, home to many European headquarters of global financial businesses. As such, the London Borough of Tower Hamlets offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work in a vibrant and dynamic community to continue to maintain and build on outstanding standards.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for leading Tower Hamlets’ legal, complaints, information governance and democratic services. The candidate will have oversight of the development and implementation of strategies to ensure the efficiency of the Council’s decision making and to provide legal advice to Senior Management and Members. The Service Head will represent the Council on legal issues both internally and externally and ensure the Council’s constitution is adhered to.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified solicitor or barrister with PQ experience. The successful candidate will have a track record in providing expert legal advice and support to senior management and key stakeholders. They will have experience in providing expert legal advice to large, complex and high value projects and maximising the efficiency of the legal function. The candidate will have a thorough understanding of relevant legislation and the legal framework for local government.
Tower Hamlets ensures fairness and equal opportunities throughout its workforce and in service delivery. The Council welcomes applications from suitably skilled candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, sexuality, religion or age.
For further information and to apply please visit: http://green-park-jobs.co.uk/towerhamlets/ or contact Andrea Trainer or Mark Mukasa on 0207 399 3990.
Closing date: Friday 15th April 2016.