Board Practice & Advisory
The highest level of your organisation deserves the highest level of resourcing expertise.
Overcoming recruitment hurdles is a speciality of ours at Green Park and our Board Practice really showcases that. By focusing exclusively on challenging areas such as timing, accuracy, equitability and transparency of process, we’re able to deliver accommodating solutions at the highest level.
But what does that mean? Quite simply, we understand that your unique business culture has to be fully understood and considered before it evolves. Our Board Practice members have the business expertise and people skills to not only direct the organisation to a more beneficial outcome but also represent the corporate and stakeholder needs and business strategy going forward.
Our Board Practice delivers solutions from the platform of a scientific, evidence-based approach to head-hunting, with a thoughtful and highly consultative approach to assignment due diligence, coupled with consideration for customer sensitivity and the enormous effect a senior level hire of this nature can have on any business.
When helping you recruit at board level (including NEDs), we understand your needs are individual as an entrepreneurial partner. We openly reject a ‘cookie cutter’ approach to board assessment, since every organisation has unique challenges, goals and priorities.
Discover a refreshing new way to recruit at this level with Green Park and you’ll get the confidentiality and security of a watertight process, coupled with the entrepreneurial flair and passion you need to find the right people for your most crucial roles. When we work on Board or NED mandates, our focus is on ‘action-orientated’ hires: people with the board level experience, attitude and passion to make a genuine and sustainable difference.
Green Park has been instructed by one of the leading UK’s leading retail / consumer firms to assist with a global business transformation.
The Interim Assignment
Our client requires an established interim Senior Programme / Change Lead to assist the programme team with their transformation project. This assignment will surround implementing new initiates throughout the global group, re-defining structure, exploring new markets, new retail concepts and customer journey / experience. This role will have senior stakeholder exposure both at group and country level.
The Interim Manager
The successful Interim Senior Programme / Change Lead will need to have a proven Programme / Business change background within a retail or consumer environment where customer exposure and journey is displayed (This can not be within retail financial services or an IT change environment). Proven experience at Board / MD / CEO level will also be required.
Our client, a rapidly expanding integrated payment processing business, requires an interim Chief Technology Officer (“CTO”) to provide technology leadership and drive the development of new IT solutions within this increasingly on-line business.
The CTO will be integral to the strategic IT thinking within the company, designing creative solutions in response to new business ideas, whilst also challenging business thinking to ensure effective use of IT capability and resources. The CTO will be responsible for the execution of the IT Strategy & Delivery Plan through the leadership of the company’s product development, customer project, service delivery and infrastructure teams.
A key focus is the effective management of development capability to support both existing systems and applications as well as new projects and to develop and own the delivery of a technology strategy and plan to support.
The Company’s business objectives over the next 12 to 36 months;
- Provide leadership to the business on introducing new technology, designs and features
- Oversee the architecting, development and deployment of consumer facing web applications and back-end systems that are high volume, high availability, scalable and secure;
- Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organisational structure that supports the strategic needs of the business
- Provide the IT leadership and put in place the disciplines and motivations which will create a system development environment that is focussed on service and speed of delivery;
- Ensure that effective procedures for Information Security, PCI Compliance, Disaster Recovery (DR) and business continuity (BusCon) are in place;
- Maintain a high-level of awareness of technology innovation and best practice in consumer facing payment processing and campaign management applications
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong foundation in both technology and management skills, with an emphasis on technology leadership and experience within the on-line business sector:
- 10+ years of systems and software development experience and with at least 3 years in a senior technology executive role;
- Track record of designing and delivering IT strategy and software application systems for high-growth, consumer facing on-line businesses;
- Familiarity with agile software development methods and the experience to apply such methods effectively to meet customer solution delivery requirements at Valldata;
- Experience of managing both “legacy” and “new” system developments;
- Track record of implementing effective software lifecycle delivery processes with a strong focus on agile methods, speed of delivery and quality assurance.
Green Park Interim and Executive Search have been commissioned to acquire a Professional Interim CFO for a market leading well established retail business based in Saudi Arabia.
We require a commercial CFO / Finance Director with an in-depth background of SME business’s circa $150 million turnover. Our client has 5 diverse product lines with a well established finance function however due to business growth and internal re-structure they would like assistance at their group level. The core assignment will be positioning the company for continued growth through a period of change; areas of suggestion would be within bank management – trade financing, in-depth budgeting and forecasting within cash flow for streaming lining the business.
This role will last between 4 and 6 months and is paying circa £1000 / £1200 tax free per day. We will consider backgrounds within both retail, wholesale and financial services (leasing). Please only apply if you have a proven track record in Saudi Arabia and within change management from a financing perspective.
Our client, an international retail and commercial bank, has retained Green Park to expand their board with the appointment of an additional Non Executive Director
- To help shape and support the sound development and delivery of the organisation’s growth plans, particularly with your general commercial and financial areas of professional expertise and to ensure that proper corporate risk, governance and controls are applied.
- To provide support, checks and balances to the Group Executive
- To provide authoritative advice to the business on all Risk & Compliance matters, ensuring that the Bank’s views are represented at an industry level.
- To ensure that Risk, Compliance & Audit considerations are allowed for in reaching key decisions on the operational and strategic development of the Bank in accordance with the PRA/FCA Rules for the risk, compliance & audit functions.
- Join the appropriate Board Subcommittees - Credit Committee, Risk Committee, and Audit & Compliance Committee.
Main duties include:
- Attend quarterly board meetings
- Attend monthly credit committee, Risk committee and Audit & Compliance committee and ad hoc working groups, as appropriate
- Debate and take specific decisions which the board or executive team consider to be of significant importance to be taken by the board
- Ensure appropriate policies are in place to manage risks to the Bank operations and the achievement of its strategic objectives
- Maintain high-level relations with the Bank stakeholders, including the Financial Conduct Authority, the financial services industry, consumer bodies, media and staff
The ideal candidate will preferably have experience of:
- serving on a main board of a complex organisation in the finance sector as a non-executive director
- knowledge of Risk Management
- knowledge of Audit & Compliance
- detailed Knowledge UK retail banking, building societies or retail financial services
- Ability to grasp complex legal and consumer issues quickly
- Able to contribute effectively at board level, think strategically and make decisions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving, business analysis and influencing skills.
- Have held a Chairman, CEO, MD or Chief Risk Officer position either at a Group or Local (UK) Board or Committee of Management level, or currently in a NED position.
- Should appreciate the pressures and day-to-day problems on a CEO or MD.
- Should understand the technical, legal and commercial aspects associated with a strongly regulated business sector.
- Understand the importance of compliant behaviour; able to interface with PRA/FCA.
- Needs to be able to influence and see that the Executives, through the Managing Director, drive through key commercial decisions on product range, pricing strategy, branding and partnership activity.
- Should possess strong persuading and influencing skills.
Commitment & Remuneration
A time commitment of 25-30 days per annum is required.
A remuneration of £40,000 per annum.
The initial appointment is for three years but with the possibility of renewal. It is unusual for NEDs to serve more than two terms.
Nacro is the largest crime reduction charity in the UK, and our team of over 1,000 staff and volunteers work in over 200 communities across England and Wales. We are currently looking for an exceptional Chief Executive to lead and develop the organisation.
The role requires someone who can lead the development and execution of our long term strategy and business plans, managing and deploying people and resources to achieve maximum impact. The successful candidate will publicly represent Nacro to partners, Government bodies, other stakeholders and the public.
We are looking for an individual who has strong business and commercial acumen, coupled with an excellent understanding of financial and contract performance management. The successful candidate will have proven leadership skills honed in a multi-faceted, ideally national organisation, with experience of working with a diverse range of stakeholders and successful delivery of change.
Evidence of strategic decision making and individual contribution to business growth will also be critical to be able to lead our ambitious future plans. We currently operate in the education, housing, substance misuse and offender management sectors, giving a unique perspective on all elements of the criminal justice system and offender management cycle. Experience in one of these sectors would be an advantage. However, it is essential that candidates understand and empathise with our mission and ethos.
This role will play a pivotal part in the delivery of the new National Tourism Strategy for Wales.
You will lead the marketing function across the Department supporting the development of “Brand Wales” as an attractive place to visit and do business. With a strong track record of leading and managing successful marketing campaigns you will also have a reputation for developing high performing teams with the ability to work with and through strategic partnerships. An excellent communicator you will possess the leadership capability and professional expertise that engenders confidence at every level.
If you would like an informal discussion about the role please contact Roger Russell on 0207 399 4304 or alternatively email a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Our client, Mind, is looking for a Chief Operating Officer.
The Executive Search Assignment
You will act as deputy to the Chief Executive and be responsible for developing and managing the delivery of the organisation’s strategic aims and objectives through ensuring we have a robust and highly effective infrastructure to support Mind’s charitable activities. You will also be responsible for the delivery of management information to Trustees, the Chief Executive and the Mind Executive Team.
In addition, you will have a full role in the corporate management of the charity including corporate responsibility for Mind’s overall finances as well as a departmental budget. As deputy to the Chief Executive, you will take the lead on special projects and delivery of key areas, including taking responsibility for the effective delivery of work across England and Wales.
You will be committed to the national, local and community approach of Mind’s work and support Mind’s aim to enable people with direct experience of mental health problems have a strong voice throughout Mind and Mind’s commitment to supporting staff with experience of mental health problems. You will lead on implementing and developing Mind’s infrastructure needs, including HR, IT, finance, governance and estate management.
You will need to take into account our ambitions to become an integrated organisation as ‘One Mind’, and you will be responsible for a thorough assessment of our ability to deliver excellent support to staff and volunteers across Mind, Mind Retail, and potentially the local Mind network in England and Wales.
You will be leading a department and have ultimate responsibility and accountability for approximately 30 staff including some unit heads and managers. You will implement effective leadership and people management practices, robust communication and effective decision making, performance management, identifying development potential and engaging the different teams across all charitable activity areas.
Mind aims to ensure that the needs and interests of people with mental health problems, people with disabilities, women, men, black and minority ethnic communities, lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender and people of all ages are reflected in all its activities. As Chief Operating Officer you will be expected to contribute to this aim .
For further details about the role, please visit our microsite http://www.green-park-jobs.co.uk/mind/
Our client, NEST, is seeking a Finance Director to meet its financial obligations and to ultimately become self funding.
Reporting directly to the CEO, t the Finance Director will be a thought leader and business champion for ensuring our internal control framework is fit for purpose - balancing operational delivery, with risk. As NEST engages with the market, effective management of the tension surrounding financial resources will be absolutely critical.
The successful candidate needs to gain credibility and influence across the organisation to ensure a balance is adequately managed. Finally, the Finance Director has an obligation to provide support to the CEO’s role as Accounting Officer, to enable these duties to be discharged effectively.
For detailed information and to apply, please visit our microsite: http://www.green-park-jobs.co.uk/nest/
Our client is a successful highly regarded financial services firm with a strong growth trajectory and exciting growth plans for the future. In order to ensure this growth is achieved, they are looking for a commercially minded Chief Risk Officer to join their experienced Executive team to create and establish their Risk and Compliance Framework.
This role reports directly to the CEO, Compliance & Risk committee, and will work closely with the business and external regulators. This is a great opportunity for a professional from a strong credit background who is looking to gain more ownership in a flat structure than currently offered in a multi-tiered bank. The role focus is on transforming a risk function and ensuring the 3 lines of defence model is understood and deployed. This demands a strong delivery focus working with a small team with high impact across the business.
This position is a great fit with someone who is passionate about building a strong team and function, has strong influencing skills with the executive committee, board and regulators and can help ensure that the risk and compliance function is aligned to the strategy and business plan to optimise the returns. This is a rare opportunity for someone who is either looking for that next step up from a residential mortgages credit background or has already undertaken a similar role.
Our client, Bedfordshire CCG plan, organise and purchase NHS funded health care for 440,000 people and in doing so deliver real improvements in safety, outcomes and experience for our patients. We are looking to recruit to the post of Director of Contracting and Performance.
This post will play a key role in developing all areas of the contracting function ensuring that key processes and systems and governance arrangements are fit for purpose. The post holder will lead on the delivery of large scale innovative contracts with a total value exceeding £250m. The post will play a pivotal role in driving performance improvements, value for money and the delivery of patient focused services, ensuring quality of care and safety is embedded in our contracts portfolio.
Successful candidates will have extensive experience of negotiating and managing the performance of large scale NHS contracts and experience of delivering across all areas of the contracting and performance remit. They will possess strong leadership skills and have a strong desire to continue to develop their skills in this area, be personally robust and be comfortable with holding staff and providers to account.
They will be passionate about the quality of care and safety agenda and have well developed tact and diplomacy skills in order to develop effective relationships with providers and wider stakeholders. This is an exciting time to join Bedfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group, with a place on our Board this role offers a real opportunity to make your mark in the organisation and make a difference for patients.