Board Practice & Advisory
The highest level of your organisation deserves the highest level of resourcing expertise.
Overcoming recruitment hurdles is a speciality of ours at Green Park and our Board Practice really showcases that. By focusing exclusively on challenging areas such as timing, accuracy, equitability and transparency of process, we’re able to deliver accommodating solutions at the highest level.
But what does that mean? Quite simply, we understand that your unique business culture has to be fully understood and considered before it evolves. Our Board Practice members have the business expertise and people skills to not only direct the organisation to a more beneficial outcome but also represent the corporate and stakeholder needs and business strategy going forward.
Our Board Practice delivers solutions from the platform of a scientific, evidence-based approach to head-hunting, with a thoughtful and highly consultative approach to assignment due diligence, coupled with consideration for customer sensitivity and the enormous effect a senior level hire of this nature can have on any business.
When helping you recruit at board level (including NEDs), we understand your needs are individual as an entrepreneurial partner. We openly reject a ‘cookie cutter’ approach to board assessment, since every organisation has unique challenges, goals and priorities.
Discover a refreshing new way to recruit at this level with Green Park and you’ll get the confidentiality and security of a watertight process, coupled with the entrepreneurial flair and passion you need to find the right people for your most crucial roles. When we work on Board or NED mandates, our focus is on ‘action-orientated’ hires: people with the board level experience, attitude and passion to make a genuine and sustainable difference.
Our client, an international retail and commercial bank, has retained Green Park to expand their board with the appointment of an additional Non Executive Director
- To help shape and support the sound development and delivery of the organisation’s growth plans, particularly with your general commercial and financial areas of professional expertise and to ensure that proper corporate risk, governance and controls are applied.
- To provide support, checks and balances to the Group Executive
- To provide authoritative advice to the business on all Risk & Compliance matters, ensuring that the Bank’s views are represented at an industry level.
- To ensure that Risk, Compliance & Audit considerations are allowed for in reaching key decisions on the operational and strategic development of the Bank in accordance with the PRA/FCA Rules for the risk, compliance & audit functions.
- Join the appropriate Board Subcommittees - Credit Committee, Risk Committee, and Audit & Compliance Committee.
Main duties include:
- Attend quarterly board meetings
- Attend monthly credit committee, Risk committee and Audit & Compliance committee and ad hoc working groups, as appropriate
- Debate and take specific decisions which the board or executive team consider to be of significant importance to be taken by the board
- Ensure appropriate policies are in place to manage risks to the Bank operations and the achievement of its strategic objectives
- Maintain high-level relations with the Bank stakeholders, including the Financial Conduct Authority, the financial services industry, consumer bodies, media and staff
The ideal candidate will preferably have experience of:
- serving on a main board of a complex organisation in the finance sector as a non-executive director
- knowledge of Risk Management
- knowledge of Audit & Compliance
- detailed Knowledge UK retail banking, building societies or retail financial services
- Ability to grasp complex legal and consumer issues quickly
- Able to contribute effectively at board level, think strategically and make decisions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving, business analysis and influencing skills.
- Have held a Chairman, CEO, MD or Chief Risk Officer position either at a Group or Local (UK) Board or Committee of Management level, or currently in a NED position.
- Should appreciate the pressures and day-to-day problems on a CEO or MD.
- Should understand the technical, legal and commercial aspects associated with a strongly regulated business sector.
- Understand the importance of compliant behaviour; able to interface with PRA/FCA.
- Needs to be able to influence and see that the Executives, through the Managing Director, drive through key commercial decisions on product range, pricing strategy, branding and partnership activity.
- Should possess strong persuading and influencing skills.
Commitment & Remuneration
A time commitment of 25-30 days per annum is required.
A remuneration of £40,000 per annum.
The initial appointment is for three years but with the possibility of renewal. It is unusual for NEDs to serve more than two terms.
Nacro is the largest crime reduction charity in the UK, and our team of over 1,000 staff and volunteers work in over 200 communities across England and Wales. We are currently looking for an exceptional Chief Executive to lead and develop the organisation.
The role requires someone who can lead the development and execution of our long term strategy and business plans, managing and deploying people and resources to achieve maximum impact. The successful candidate will publicly represent Nacro to partners, Government bodies, other stakeholders and the public.
We are looking for an individual who has strong business and commercial acumen, coupled with an excellent understanding of financial and contract performance management. The successful candidate will have proven leadership skills honed in a multi-faceted, ideally national organisation, with experience of working with a diverse range of stakeholders and successful delivery of change.
Evidence of strategic decision making and individual contribution to business growth will also be critical to be able to lead our ambitious future plans. We currently operate in the education, housing, substance misuse and offender management sectors, giving a unique perspective on all elements of the criminal justice system and offender management cycle. Experience in one of these sectors would be an advantage. However, it is essential that candidates understand and empathise with our mission and ethos.