An interim manager should be more than a stop gap. They should be a source of lasting value to your organisation – especially in times of transition, crisis or change. That’s why we’ve invested so heavily into building the strongest networks of senior interim candidates in our target markets.
As acknowledged international tier one suppliers in the Interim Management field, we have the resources and expertise to connect you to the right people for whatever role you need to fill. Backed by our esteemed reputation and a shelf of gleaming industry awards, we thrive on finding the perfect fit for every one of our 300+ clients.
You might be familiar with a few of our partners: BP, Centrica Virgin Media, New Look, Burberry, Jack Wills, The White Company, Selfridges, Lloyd’s Banking Group, HSBC, The Co-operative Group, Welsh Government, HMRC, to name a few.
Thanks to our strong connections with customers and our innovative approach, in our six years so far, we’ve fast-tracked ourselves to an enviable position and proudly receive regular industry awards. We recently achieved 3rd place in the Recruiter Hot 100 in 2013, and 2nd in 2012. We have also been recognised in the Recruiter Awards for Excellence Best Interim Management Recruiter category.
At Green Park we have developed our methodology around helping to mitigate our client’s risk and we also consult with them to find the best people to implement effective change in their organisation.
Deep sector knowledge & networks:
Our exclusive methodology for executive and board level roles demands a confidential and highly consultative approach. We apply our deep knowledge of specific sectors to deliver more relevant and timely market knowledge, advice and candidates.
With our sector expertise, you benefit from an insider’s viewpoint, gaining access to the very best interim managers in your industry. Across our interim management team, we have more than 200 years of experience, and have delivered more than 2500 interim management solutions, with the widest reach across sectors and functions at senior level in the UK today.
Unique pre-qualification process:
Working to the exacting standards of our fully ISO 9001:2008 accredited resourcing processes, Green Park delivers the very best interim managers, saving time and minimising risk.
Combining our innovative and bespoke psychometric assessments coupled with face-to-face interviewing and the market’s most detailed referencing, Green Park interim managers are pre-qualified to the highest standards available in the industry. Everything we do is planned with precision and our interim managers reflect that. Every one is a trusted, proven professional with a track record of success.
Our interim management offering includes:
- Board Practice
- Sector Coverage
- Functional Expertise
- Specialist Practices
Our client a small but growing charity is looking to appoint an interim Head of Finance for a period of 6 months. Although entitled Head of Finance, this role will report into the Chief Executive and will line manage 1 member of staff.
The Interim Assignment
The role will involve overseeing accurate and timely finance processes, ensure the payroll is processed monthly and prepare monthly management accounts. The role will also actively support the production of Audit and Risk Committee reports, input to the discussions on the current cost recovery model and ensure the organisation is correctly distinguishing and accounting for restricted vs unrestricted funds. The role will also be responsible for the preparation of the financial statements and the annual audit process.
The Interim Manager
Applicants must be a CCAB qualified accountant and will have previously held a leadership position in a charity or third sector organisation.
A large UK organisation wants a Business Change Programme manager to run a project to look at the next generation of their business offering. You will have experience of taking a programme from concept, through to design and implementation. You will have worked in consumer-facing organisations, driving innovation and challenging the status quo. Managing a team the budget will be £30m+.
A large global corporate is undergoing a global finance transformation programme. A key role in this team is to look at the Target Operation Model, looking at key roles and where these will be based. They have captive shared service centres across the globe. You will have specific experience in looking at the R2R and FP&A functions and processes. You must have experience of global programmes in multi £billion organisations. You will have worked wither in large corporates or consulting firms but must have worked in implementing and delivering solutions, not just in strategy and advisory.
Our client a leading central government organisation are looking to hire an interim procurement expert for a period of 6 months.
The Interim Assignment
The department in question are looking to run a procurement for their managed desk top service and so need to hire someone for commercial support when it comes to the competitive dialogue. The total worth of the service will be circa £50 million a year.
The Interim Manager
Applicants will mostly have a private sector background but preference will be given to those that have a small exposure to large public sector institutions such as a central government body
Our client is looking for and experienced interim with excellent leadership skills to lead their services for disabled adults and older people.
The purpose of the role will be to:
- To have responsibility for the effective delivery of the statutory responsibilities of the Local Authority to people with physical disabilities aged 18 and above, this includes the Assessment Hub, older people, sensory impairment, HIV/Aids, those in need of Occupational Therapy, and their families and carers.
- To ensure that the service meets the needs of service users and carers, that the use of these services is optimised, that performance is monitored and managed and value for money is achieved.
- To manage people, delegated budgets and other resources, utilising them innovatively and creatively to benefit service provision, ensuring expenditure is contained within cash limited budgets and risk and need are balanced, to deliver Council objectives and the best possible outcomes for service users and carers.
- To ensure and promote effective partnership working with Health partners and other statutory services, the voluntary sector and other stakeholders including the Local Authority Trading Company to ensure that the service delivers a high quality and efficient service within resources.
- To support the Assistant Director in maintaining the ethos of the division and in enhancing the performance and reputation of the Health & Adult Social Care directorate, in the context of the council’s overall objectives, national health and social care objectives & local objectives.
- To ensure services are provided and developed in such a way that promotes independence, choice and social inclusion.
- To have responsibility for the leadership, management and delivery of the Local Authority’s and Health integrated services covered within the service.
- To lead the development and implementation of the national agenda for Adult Social Care for older people and physical disabilities whilst making a significant contribution to the national and local priorities of the Department.
- To be responsible for the effective implementation of the Council’s Safeguarding Adults, Governance and Quality Assurance arrangements within the services.
- To act as the Council’s principal advisor on the social care statutory responsibilities and be the professional lead for the Council and across the service for people with physical disabilities and older people.
Please only apply if you have direct experience within a Local Government context of managing these services at 2nd or 3rd tier. Candidates must be CQSW.
Our client a leading government department are looking to hire an Interim Commercial Director for a period of 6 months.
The Interim Assignment
The role will be responsible for developing and implementing the departments pan commercial Procurement and Supply Chain Strategy, leading and delivering an effective and efficient Commercial Procurement function while ensuring the optimal utilisation of the departments Head Office property portfolio. The role will also include the development and execution of innovative financing for commercial strategies to maximise value for the organisation, determining current and future Commercial Procurement requirements enabling the development of an approach to gain the best deal from the market and setting commercial performance measures and targets.
The Interim Manager
Applicants will ideally have a professional qualification from the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply, hold an established track record of senior level experience in management and experience in strategic planning and executing in a multi-disciplinary senior commercial team. They will also have demonstrable experience of procurement strategy and policy development in a large, complex environment across a broad range of categories and will be highly experience in contracting, negotiating and change management.
A global corporate is outsourcing its Finance function to a major outsourcer and needs 2 transition managers to ensure the changeover goes smoothly. Some is going to India and some to a European Service centre. You will have experience, either from working in an outsourcer or in a company that has gone through this process.
Our Local Government client is looking for an interim to lead and assist the Director on the future service provision of Pensions Administration. Responsibilities will include:
- Leading on the implementation of future Pension Scheme changes and within an operational context
- Working as part of the Exchequer & Transactional Management team, reporting to the Director, providing strategic direction and leadership on Pensions ensuring the delivery of policy and strategic priorities for partner Councils.
- Providing strategic leadership and management accountability for the transformation of Pensions Services through better use of technology, standardisation and simplification of processes, ensuring value for money and an efficient service
- Responsibility for ensuring end user engagement with customers in the design and delivery of Pension Services ensuring compliance with Pension legislation, Financial regulations, Constitution and guidance
- Lead, develop and implement an efficient Pension service delivering cost and efficiency savings.
- Work across functional boundaries with key stakeholders in both the strategy design and in the operational delivery of the Pensions Services including a full Service Review to determine the most appropriate model of operation.
- Develop and implement a robust performance improvement programme delivering improved outcomes for customers and the creation of a best in class Pensions services for the client and new customers.
- Contribute to the overall management of governance issues, including risk, ensuring that lines of accountability within the service are clear and well understood and systems are in place for monitoring, evaluating and managing risk to secure the reputation and physical, financial, virtual and intellectual resources of the client.
- Lead on advising Pension Committees on current and forthcoming issues that will impact upon the Fund’s activities and member employing bodies.
- Formulate and implement the Pensions Services objectives from overall strategic directives and Financial Regulatory requirements.
- Understand and act on issues regarding Actuaries regarding pension issues and valuations.
Due to the specific nature of the post, it is essential that candidates have deep expertise in managing all the above aspects of pension management as a senior Officer either in a Local Authority context, or potentially in another large public body such as an NHS Trust or a Government Department.
Our client a leading charity with a Turnover of circa £8-9 million are looking for an Interim Director of Finance for a period of 6 months on a 3/4 day a week basis.
The Interim Assignment
The Interim in question will be tasked with reshaping the finance team and changing the culture to one of empowerment. They will also be involved with advising on the future descaling of the organisation and the look at the potential for an office relocation. They will also be responsible for preparing budgets and financial forecasts including the annual financial statements and be part of the senior management team in the organisations strategic planning. The role will also be responsible for the IT infrastructure and estates for the organisation.
The Interim Manager
Applicants must be CCAB qualified and will have demonstrable experience either in a similar sized charity of a similar sized SME organisation. The role will be London based but will require a little bit of travel to the organisations regional sites.
Senior Commercial Manager
My client is an organisation who is outsourcing a number of services. They are looking for a senior commercial manager to work with the organisation on their third party deals.
The role will be varied and involve a mix of responsibilities from managing the relationship, the commercials, dealing with contention, managing the vendors.
The successful candidate will have been a senior commercial/vendor manager who has experience of material outsource and managing material outsources. Experience working with global and mid-size suppliers with be essential.