Green Park is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of disability, capability or technology. When new pages are released, we ensure that they meet our accessibility requirements, and we do respond positively to feedback regarding the accessibility of any of our pages or services.
Using the Website
We aim to provide the most accessible experience possible for our visitors and have implemented the following accessibility features:
- Logical and consistent navigation are provided for keyboard users.
- Links can be understood out of context for screen reader users
- Links are highlighted on keyboard focus
- Our logo links to the home page
- Skip navigation link – For sighted users, the ‘skip to’ links are revealed by pressing the tab key after the page loads. You can skip to different areas of the page, depending on what options are available.
- Site search facilities have been implemented
Screen reader navigation
If you are using a screen reader, you should be able to navigate through the site using the following keyboard commands:
- H to move forwards through the page headings
- Shift + H to move backwards through the page headings
- 1 to navigate to the next level 1 heading (or 2 for the next level 2 heading, and so on to heading 6)
- Shift + 1 to navigate to the previous level 1 heading (same applies for headings 2-6)
- Insert + F5 to get a list of all form controls on the page
- Insert + F6 to get a list of all headings on the page
- Insert + F7 to get a list of all links on the page
Links, new windows and layers
Links to pages and other websites will open in the same window unless otherwise stated within the link text or before a list of links. Some links may also open in a new layer, like a pop up, on top of the page you are viewing. The text (opens in a new window) will be hidden off screen for screen reader users.
Third Party Accessibility Limitations
Due to certain constraints, we have had to include technologies and features from third party sources that cause accessibility issues outside of our control. These include:
These features may therefore not be fully accessible for users of assisted technologies, Dragon or blind users). Green Park does not assume responsibility for third party applications.
This site has been developed to conform to level AAA of the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0). These guidelines are the internationally recognised benchmark for building accessible web sites. The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines explain how to make websites more accessible for people with disabilities. Conformance with these guidelines also makes websites more user-friendly everyone.
We are always looking for ways to help people get the best experience from this website. If there is information you think that should be included on this page, or if you experience any problem accessing the website then please feel free to contact us:
Phone: +44 (0)20 7399 4300
Address: Green Park, 54 Brook’s Mews, London W1K
This accessibility statement was issued on 14 August 2017.